Thursday, May 1, 2008

Great Deal

There are few things in life that bring me more joy than a great deal. I love finding a steal of a deal. Last year my sister-in-law, Amber introduced me to the wonderful world of yard-saling and I've been addicted ever since. I've been sooo looking forward to springtime for many reasons, but one of them being that the yard sales start up again. So, this past Saturday I went to this yard sale and found this little old rickety rocking chair for $2!! You can't tell from the picture, but it's pretty beat up and most of the stain is rubbed off. I had actually been thinking that I would like another rocking chair so that the baby can have one in her room and Roman can still have one in his. So, I decided that I couldn't pass this up. I knew that it would need some work, but not only do I love good deals but I love a good project too. So, on Saturday Jason and his dad helped me take it apart and put it back together so it's all sturdy now. Then I spray painted it "heirloom white" and I think it turned out pretty cute.

Before.......
After.....

Here it is in Roman's room. It's definitely got some paint issues (it was my first time ever spray painting anything), but for the most part I think it turend out pretty good. I think I'll put my cozy glider in the baby's room and leave this one in Roman's room. I might put a cushion on it to make it a little softer, but it's actually pretty comfy. Anyway, I just wanted to brag about my great find for the week. If you haven't tried yard-saling you really should. It gives me such a high! :)
I haven't posted a pregnancy picture in quite a while...and my how I've grown! Tomorrow I will be 29 weeks. In a way it feels like it's gone by so fast and then on the other hand it feels like I still have FOREVER to go. Tomorrow I have a dr's appointment and I have to drink that orange pop stuff to see if I have gestational diabetes. I'm really hoping I don't have it, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I did. Unfortunately all I want to eat is sugar these days. My biggest cravings have been millk duds, skittles, sour patch kids, and charlseston chews. Those are the weirdest candies for me to be craving because I don't normally choose any of those when I'm not pregnant. Anyway, lately it's been the chewy sweets that really get to me. So, let's hope I haven't eaten so much candy that I'm now a diabetic :)




17 comments:

melanie said...

It was so fun to see you last year loving the yard sale action. You were cracking me up! There is nothing like it, I get so excited when May rolls around. My kids know I love it too. Nate asked I got my wedding ring at a yard sale cause I liked it so much, ha! Milo quickly corrected him.

The rocker looks really good. Now you're starting to remind me of Korbi.

You look GREAT!! Only 11 weeks to go, you'll be done in NO time.

Cindy said...

Beff...great job! It looks so good. I want to see the rest of Romans room and the babys for that matter! I bet its super cute. I'm also so leery of yard sales, maybe if I had someone fun to go with like yourself I would get into it!

Kenna said...

I'm a sucker for a good deal too! And your rocker is rockin! I agree with Cinders, I want to see the rest of Romans and the baby's room. And you look so cute!

Korbi said...

I am so proud, it's liek my little friend is all growed up. The chair looks great, it really does. And, YOU LOOK GREAT! 29 weeks, it's really that far along? Little Poppy, can't wait for my little Boppy to have a little Poppy. :)You gonna help me with my little rocker, aka peice of crap. :) j/k kidding, I asked already 3 favors from you all in one week!!! Thanks Bethany!

Lauren said...

You look fantastic for being 29 weeks! Still beautiful as always. :) I love to yard sale. I love a great deal, too. You seem to have a great decorating touch that I don't, too. Too bad we can't yard sale/bargain hunt together! Have you looked on Craig's List for stuff, too? You can find some great deals/free stuff there, too!

Matt and Adge said...

way to go on that chair! it makes the rocking chair that i found at a yard sale a few years ago for $25 not feel like such a great deal :).

And you still look so little for how far along you are. i've had a few friends asking for preggo picks but i feel like i've gotten so big the last few weeks i can hardly stand to advertise it. not too much longer to go!!

Shaila Lou said...

Great job on the chair!! I love great finds.

You are look so great and cute pregnant. I can't believe you only have 11 more weeks. It goes by so much faster when you're not the one pregnant!!

tonyandalli said...

Hi Bethany! Found you via the WA blog circuit. ;) I love a good project, and a good deal just makes it even better! I think it turned out great and you should be a professional rattle-canner! (That's what Tony calls spray paint, I thought it was funny.) Anyway, we are tonyandalli.blogspot.com. Please peek back at us so I don't feel like a weirdy. Luv, Alli

Cindy Spratling said...

You are bootiful Beff! And I love Roman's painted room. I have yet to enjoy yard sales. They don't have much of that here in freezing Idaho. But maybe I will find a few good deals someday. It looks great!

Natalee said...

You crack me up Bops! Who knew you would grow up to love yard sales of all things, and doing little projects. ha ha I have yet to really give the yard sale thing a try. Maybe one day.

The chair looks really cute! Can't beat a $2 chair, thats for sure!

I can't believe how differently we carry babies. Yours is so LOW and small! I still look like I have a big basketball stuck way up my shirt! You look good! :) Does she have a name yet?? Love you!

Cori said...

What a cute pregnant mommy! I'm a sucker for a good deal as well. I'll have to keep my eyes out for furniture and re-paint it-looks like new!

Jess said...

WOW, it looks so good!!! What a great find and an awesome deal! It was so fun getting to visit, thanks again for the pizza :)

Nicole Stucki said...

I love finding good deals! Way to go Beff. The chair looks so cute in Romans room. And don't you make one hot mama! You look so good. How are you feeling? BTW I crave cereal all the time prego or not. It is so good!

Nicole Stucki said...

umm I meant candy not cereal. I am eating breakfast right now. Sorry.

Danna said...

Wow, what a great deal. The chair looks great! I give you extra points for taking the thing apart and putting it back together. Way to go. And, you look great! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! You better come get my maternity clothes if you want time to wear them.

AlliFinn said...

It was so good to see you too. you are great fun, and Romen cracks me up. I thought Alli was active! He is so dang cute. Your chair looks super great. Im addicted to garage sales as well!!! If there is anything to be addicted to I hope this is not that bad.

Cicily Bennion said...

Bops - the chair looks good. I'm impressed about the taking it all apart and putting it back together. lt should last forever now. You look so cute. The Charleston chews, Milk Duds, skittles - did you get addicted at my house?? That's what I have in the Theater room....MOm