Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Happy Mother's Day

I had such a fun Mother's day on Sunday. Jason always does such a good job of making me feel special when it's "my day." So, on Sunday morning he let me see my present. As embarrassing as it is to admit this, I really love getting presents and I like to open them as soon as I can, so he let me see my mother's day present first thing in the morning before church. Anyway he got me a comfy swinging bench to put in the backyard. It was the perfect gift and I'm so excited for him to put it together!

Roman made a cute card for me during nursery. Actually, it's quite obvious that he didn't make it, but it was so fun to see him walking up to me with his first mother's day card.


He hadn't colored in it or anything. I'm sure his nursery leaders probably tried to get him to, but he was too interested in playing with trucks (as always!) So, when we got home I gave him some crayons and made him color on the inside. Now it looks like he at least helped make it :)
We also went to Jason's parents' for dinner and we were able to see his grandparents, uncle and cousins there too. Then I got to talk to my mom and wish her a happy mother's day. She's such a sweet mom and I'm glad she had a good day too. I just wish we lived closer so I could have actually seen her :( But all in all it was a fun day and I'm glad that my hubby and my baby made me feel like I'm a pretty good mom afterall.

6 comments:

Korbi said...

I thought you got a car...???? heheh

Shaila Lou said...

Wow, Jason did good for a present for Mother's Day!!

April said...

That is so cute! I love the baby scibbles. Glad you had a good mothers Day. You are a great Beff! You look so cute being pregnant. I wish I lived closer to you. I sure do miss seeing you. How have you been feeling?

April said...

Oh Beff, it was good to hear you speak about California Dynasty... oh the memories...I think i need to see that picture though. Yikes! :)

Cicily Bennion said...

So glad you had a good Mother's Day. I told you it is my favorite holiday. Roman's card looks pretty darn professional, alright! Glad you added his "touch." Have fun swinging on your patio. My daisies still look good as the day they came! Thanks again.. Mom

Danna said...

Sounds like a good day! You are such a great mom - you deserve it! What a great present! Oh, and you look awfully cute in my shirt!