Friday, February 22, 2008

Another milestone!

I learned the importance of keeping the bathroom doors shut at ALL times a few months ago when I caught Roman with 3/4 of the toilet paper roll in the toilet. I'm sure his next step was to swish it around a little, but luckily I caught him in time. So, I've been pretty confident in letting him roam around the house a little as long as the doors are shut. Well, this morning I was getting ready in my bathroom and he was doing his usual routine of taking things out of the drawer and putting them in the bathtub. Then out of the corner of my eye I noticed he was trying to open the door to the toilet. I thought to myself, "Keep trying Romie, you're not tall enough." Then about a minute later I heard the click and he had successfully opened the door! I was so sad! Gone are my days of letting him roam! He was pretty proud of himself. He kept doing it over and over again. Luckily he was satisfied with just opening and shutting it and he didn't get into the toilet or paper. We'll see how long that lasts...



11 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

I hate it when they learn to open the doors!! That's what stinks about those type of door knobs too, it happens a lot sooner.

Anonymous said...

Jake learned how to open those types of knobs too! They are at his Gramma Neshas and on our bathroom door. And don't worry about Roman putting tp in the toilet, at least he wasn't dipping a cup and drinking the water (yet).

melanie said...

As far as how long he stays away from getting into more, I have two words for you.....NOT LONG!!
OK a few more, have fun with it, ha!

jenica heslop said...

OH YES, I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS. GOOD LUCK RESTRAINING HIM, NOW IS THE TIME YOU BUY ALL THE BABY LOCKS, THEY ARE SO UGLY TOO! I DID NOT LIKE USING THEM, BUT SOMETIMES IF YOU USE THEM FOR A WHILE, THE KIDS GIVE UP TRYING AND JUST STAY OUT OF STUFF, WORKED FOR ME! GOOD LUCK!

Korbi said...

that cracks me up... little trouble maker.

Mindy said...

Yes, Ellie likes the plunger! Luckily, she is not opening the door, YET!

Kenna said...

Ugh I hate when they learn to open doors, Gracie just figured out to open our doors even with the child safety things on them...what do I do now!! That little Romie sure is a cutie, I can't wait to see what your little girl looks like:)

Kimberly said...

Ooo, those lever handles are an easy target. Jackson had them down in our old house, and then we moved, and had the knobs again, and it was a good 4 months i had before he could get into the rooms, i had forgotten how nice it was to be able to shut the doors and that was that.

Danna said...

Little Romie is getting too big! He is sure cute, though. With those lever handles, it was bound to be sooner rather than later.

Korbi said...

how was Bunco?

Nicole Stucki said...

Isn't it great when they learn new tricks. How are you feeling lately! You little guy is such a doll. You know I have a couple girls you could set him up with!