Thursday, March 6, 2008

Knifty Knitting

I haven't blogged in a while...which I'm sure is really disappointing to all my loyal fans out there ;) Anyway, there's a few reasons for my lack of posting. First of all, I really love to nap in my free time. Secondly, I've discovered "The Knifty Knitter". A few months ago I was talking to some of my friends about how it would be fun to learn how to knit. My friend Rischel said that there was this thing called the knifty knitter and it was really easy. Anyway, I have been looking for one and I finally got one last Friday at JoAnne Fabrics. It really is knifty. If I can do it, then anyone can do it. It's not really at all like traditional knitting which is way over my head. You don't use the two needles. I would try to explain it, but it would take me too long. Anyway, I've been knitting like crazy. I made a litttle tiny hat for my girl and some little booties too. They're pretty much done, but I have a few finishing touches. Maybe I'll post a pic when they are finalized...if they're cute enough :) Then I also made this hat for Roman. It's a little big, but I'm sure it will fit him perfectly next winter. By the way, I had to hold him in this picture because he wouldn't keep the hat on long enough for me to take a shot. Hopefully he'll keep it on next winter...probably not. Oh, and he usually does wear pants, but he got them dirty and it was right before bedtime, so I just took them off. Just in case you were wondering :)

Now this is a picture taken of me this eventing at 20.5 weeks. I was hesitant about posting this one because it's kind of weird to have a picture of yourself showing off your big belly, but I always like seeing other peoples' pregnancy pics...so you'd better appreciate it.




19 comments:

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

What pregnant belly are you talking about? I don't see one. You're WAY too skinny to be halfway done with your pregnancy!
Love the hat!

Cindy said...

Beff, I love it. You are just too cute! I love your hair, you look so stylish! Great job on the knitting by the way, makes me want to try :)

Kenna said...

Um that's what I look like right now and I'm 0 weeks prego...you look great! I love your hair too...of course I love everyones hair but mine at the moment:) I love your curtains in the background too, did you make them? Gotta love those kniffty knitters, Krista got me hooked over Christmas and I've got tons of hats and no one to wear them! I've never made booties though...did you have to use a different loom for that? Anyways you look great!:)

April said...

Oh Beff... you look great! You are so cute, as always! What a fun hobby to pick up on... way to go!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany, I found your blog link on Danna's. Roman is getting big, not you. I heard you were having a girl recently! Congratulations! See you around sometime!

Danna said...

Hey guy, love the hat! It doesn't look easy to make- I am sure I could find a way to mess it up. It was so fun seeing you! Thanks for making the drive. We just wish it lasted longer! We will have to come to Moses next. Love you!

Natalee said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!??? This is why I should NOT post a picture of my OWN belly! Good grief!! You look very cute and very UN pregnant. I love Romie's little hat! I am so impressed with all your domestic skills. You must have gotten two doses...mine AND yours. haha. Oh..and for the record, I actually DID miss your little blogs. I checked a couple times last week, and was kind of sad to see no Boppy news. :) Glad to see you have started up again.

Cicily Bennion said...

Bops, we have a bunch of ladies in our Ward turning out hats by the dozens with those knitters - they take them at the Humanitarian warehouse in SLC. Good job - Romie's hat looks darling. And you look so cute - hardly a baby bump there for being half done. Miss you....Mom

Korbi said...

so your mom is not Alice anymore, but Chico? Just kidding, that silly sister of your craps me up. Anyways, I think in a few months we will need a new hobby, I will get to the research on that one. Oh, yeah in a few weeks hopefully I will have a baby, so feel free to come over and visit me for your new hobby. :)

Shaila Lou said...

Way to go on the knitting! Looks like fun. You look so good, you don't even look pregnant! We are in town for the next week. Maybe we can come see you sometime!

melanie said...

Dang, now I want to be a knifty knitter too! I love taking on a new project that I love in the beginning, make tons of it and then slowly neglect it until it never gets picked up again. Really, you think I could do this?

You look adorable!

Lauren said...

You look fantastic for being prego. Beautiful as always. :) The hat is really cute. I bet your booties and stuff for your princess are darling, too!

Nicole Stucki said...

Beff look at you being all crafty. That is something I am not so good at. And you look so dang cute. The other day I was reading in my journal and I came across the day you got engaged! So cute. Oh the fun days of college. You better write your engagement story!

the landreths said...

That stuff about Roman makes me laugh because it is SO how i felt when Caden was that age adn starting to get into things. Now we just keep everything locked up all the time cause there are 3 little guys getting into everything.

You are so cute pregnant! What a little belly you have for 20 weeks. Keep posting pictures :).

Matt and Adge said...

way to go with the knifty knitting! i need a productive hobby like that :).

I love the pregnancy picture! you look so cute and so not 20 weeks pregnant. You'll have to keep posting them because I like keeping tabs on your pregnancy since we're due so close to the same time :). and i love your cute red shoes, too.

AlliFinn said...

Thanks for the encouraging words of Romies fifteen month shots. your the best! That sounds like something that would happen in my ever exciting life!!! Cant wait to see you soon!

Cindy Spratling said...

Beff Nails,
I too love seeing pics of people when they are pregnant. I DO appreciate yours :) I love the hat. Roman will love it next winter. You're such a good Mommy.

Kimberly said...

What a cute little belly, So tiny! I remember those days. . . . hahaha. Your knitting is pretty great too.

Katherine said...

I love the tummy picture. I have one with all my kids. They're fun! You are just so crafty! I love that your always trying to learn new things. Your kids are lucky!