Thursday, January 3, 2008

Merry Christmas

Here's a picture of Roman and his cute cousins. Aren't those the cutest little Christmas outfits? This picture doesn't actually do them justice. I should have made them stand so you could get a better look. Well, we had a somewhat Merry Christmas at the Jenks residence. This was the first time I didn't spend Christmas with my family, so I was a little sad but at the same time happy that we didn't have to make the long, treterous 12 hour drive to Powell. So, on Christmas Eve we had a fun party with Jason's extended family. Toward the end Jason started saying he didn't feel so well. I just figured he had eaten too much and didn't think much of it. Well, that night he hardly slept and on Christmas day the poor guy had a full blown case of the stomach flu. I felt so bad for him. We've been married 4 years and I had never seen him this sick. And it had to happen on Christmas day!? He was a good sport, but I could just tell he wasn't himself. Anyway, we invited Jason's parents and his brother Chad to come over and eat breakfast and open presents.



Roman was spoiled by both grandparents and got lots of fun toys. Everyone was busy assembling them.


Roman still didn't quite grasp the whole Christmas thing. I think he enjoyed the unwrapping more than the toys themselves. Once they were assembled though, he liked playing with them. So, Christmas ended up being a pretty good day despite the illness. We went to my in-laws and had a delicious dinner. Roman was fine all day, but later that night he got sick too. And a few days after that, I got it. It really was the Christmas gift that just kept on giving! We're glad that we're all better now.



10 comments:

Nicole Stucki said...

Beff your little Roman is so cute. Sorry to hear about the gift that just kept giving. No fun. I see that you still had a great holiday. My new little one should be hear any day. I think we will name her Sadie Rae Stucki. I will try and post pictures of her as soon as I can. Have a goodies day.

Kenna said...

It just seems like it's not really Christmas without someone (or everyone in your case) getting sick... we even got to take a trip to the ER! I guess the good part is that you probably didn't gain any weight over the Holidays!:)

Korbi said...

hey... YEAH!!! I just talked to the missionaries and church starts at 11!!! Yeah! This is very exciting to me! Those Christmas outfits are adorable. I agree. see ya round.

April said...

I am sorry to hear that you all got sick... my girls were sick too. No fun!! I loved seeing all those fun pictures! I am sure Roman doesn't mind being spoiled by the grandparents! :)

Cindy Spratling said...

Being sick is the pits! It is nice not to travel far, but it also stinks not being with your own family. Glad to hear it was fun, for the most part.

Cindy Spratling said...

oh yah, I met a cute girl today from Cody, or Powell. Her name is Coree (can't remember her last name) but she has blod hair and is super cute. She and her husband just moved into our ward. She said she totally knows you and thinks you even dated her husband in high school. Can't remember his name either. Anyway- small world!

Kimberly said...

Being sick is no fun, especially on such a fun holiday like christmas, although hopefully now that you all have had it you are in the clear for the rest of the winter!

Jess said...

Roman is too cute!!! I never knew he was in the NICU. I hope all is well and that you are feeling great :) I am really looking forward to all of this snow melting! Maybe I'll see ya on Sunday??

Shaila Lou said...

Hey Bethany...Matt was told about your blog quite some time ago. We love looking at it, so I thought maybe we should finally make ourselves known!! Roman is so dang cute!! And all his cousins too!
-Shaila

JourNovel said...

JourNovel specializes in turning Journals and Diaries into Novels, Novellas, and Children's Stories. You give us a copy of the journals and we create an organized novel through interview and time period research. Imagine distributing a family history novel at your next family reunion or reading a good night story to your children where they learn about their family history. For more information and pricing contact JourNovel at:

journovel@live.com

or

801-735-4218