Sunday, April 6, 2008

Our 700 mile journey...

A few weeks ago I was feeling a little homesick for my mom and dad because I hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving. So, I convinced my sister Danna to go to Powell with me to see our parents, our little sister, Cicily and our brother Clint. Then we found out that our brother Kimball and his wife Elaine were going to be visiting too for Spring Break. So, it ended up being a little half-family reunion. Anyway, our journey there was a little eventful. I was worried that the four kids would be terrible, but luckily they weren't too bad. Danna's three were pretty much angels and my Romie was the only one causing problems. Unfortunately you can't plan on driving through MT at the end of March without hitting a snow storm. We were just outside of Bozeman, MT (which is about 3 hours from Powell) and we hit this huge snow storm. It was dark and we could not see at all. It was so scary. We had to take the first exit we could in Livingston and we got a hotel. Anyway, once we got to Powell, the kids were so excited to see their granparents and we had a really great time. Of course whenever you get kids together for a few days they seem to all get sick. Unfortunately they all got the throw-ups (except for my nephew Tate). Anyway, we ended up extending our stay for one day so that all the kids could recover from the illness. I hope we didn't destroy all the bedding in my mom's house! Other than that we had a great time and as always I ate a ton of good food thanks to my mom. This is Roman with his cousin, Ella. Grandma bought a lot of fruit snacks for them and they were happy to eat them all.

We also visited my Grandma and Grandpa Hopkin who have a farm outside of Powell. Grandpa took all the kids to see the baby cows . Roman really loved them from afar (he was pointing and mooing), but as you can see below he didn't like it when Grandpa got him close to one.


One of my grandpa's neighbors had these little ponies. I can't remember the name of the breed, but anyway, this is a full-grown ponyl They were so cute. The kids really liked them.

Here's Roman with his great grandma and grandpa Hopkin. It was so nice of grandpa to take the kids around the farm. They really loved it.



So, that's our Powell trip in a nutshell. I have to give a shout-out to my sister Danna because she seriously drove the WHOLE time...there AND back. I did offer to help out, but she said that she'd rather drive than have to deal with the kids. We decided that we didn't know which was worse. Anyway, it was a fun little adventure and I was glad to have my sister there on the long drive. We had some fun conversations and lots of reminiscing :)



12 comments:

Korbi said...

it's so good to have you back! and yes, 2 kids are a piece of cake... ;)

Lauren said...

How fun to come home! I miss being able to go home to Lovell. Lovell is such a hole, but I do miss some things...Sorry about the snowstorm. Yucky. Glad that you had a great time and your Roman is such a cutie!

Kenna said...

Oh that does sound like a lot of fun...minus the snow storms and throw ups of course! Remember when we were driving Reda through a snow storm in Bozeman and her windshield wipers didn't work?!? We were throwing bottles of water out the window and trying to wipe it of with paper towel all while the car was moving! It's a wonder we lived through that...it makes me laugh to think about it though! It's fun to see G'ma and G'pa Hopkin:) I'm glad you had a fun time!!

Danna said...

Fun times, guy! I had a great time, even with the snow storm and flu. I have been meaning to blog about our adventure too, but you are more on the ball than me. Oh and Kenna, our reminiscing during the drive included that story about your trip in Reta. Funny!

Shaila Lou said...

How fun to have a little road trip! I love the pictures on the farm. Quinn is also scared of animals like that. At the fair we couldn't even go into one of the barns, he would cry when we even got close.

Natalee said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! I love going to Grandma and Grandpa's to see the baby cows. It's always been one of my favorite childhood memories. :) One day little Romie will be excited to go see the baby cows. ha ha

Kimberly said...

what a fun trip, and fun little sister adventure! I remember driving back from billings to powell in august, and it snowing! Granted i think we took a wrong turn somewhere and were in the mountains, but still, you never know out there!

AlliFinn said...

Why are the pictures of you becoming so scarce? Cant wait to see you next week. Hope your feeling well.

April said...

Wow, what a trip... and pregnant! Beff, I am so proud of you! That's scary that you ran into a snow storm. Well, hope you are feeling well these days. i can't wait for your little one to come! :)

Matt and Adge said...

That sounds like such a fun trip! I wish I was in the car to hear all the fun conversations, I'm sure it was a blast. The last time we made a trip to Phoenix I realized that driving is so much better than being the passenger in charge of the kids. I don't think Matt was too excited that I made that discovery, i think he realized it a long time ago and never told me :).

Jess said...

I was wondering where you have been :) What a fun trip to go on!!!
Can you believe that you are next in line to deliver?? Can't wait to meet your little girl! Have a great week.

Cicily Bennion said...

Boppy - the pictures are so darling. It was so fun to have you guys home for a few days. Maybe the flu was so we could enjoy an extra 24 hours! Miss you - Mom