My little baby Romie turned 18 months old on March 29. I've been wanting to do a post about some of the things he's doing at this age. First of all, here are his stats: He's 30 inches long and 21 pounds. Yeah, he's just a little guy. He's in the 3rd percentile for height and the 5th for weight. Maybe he'll have a growth spurt someday :)
A few things Roman loves:
Elmo...unfortunately for me
Cars, airplanes, trucks, and pretty much anything else that goes fast. He's especially fascinated with cars. He calls anything with wheels a car.
His mom and dad, obviously. He really loves when his dad comes home and they can play.
- He's very clean in some ways. For example if he gets a crumb on the sippy part of his cup then he'll give it to me and say, "Uh-oh, mommy." That means I have to clean it off before he'll drink out of it again. But don't be fooled, he has no problem with throwing his food on the floor.
- I recently started weening him from his binky and it's been surprisingly easy. He mostly just used it at night. Anyway, now he sucks on his pointer finger to get to sleep. Strange, huh? I guess he's just gotta be different...no thumb for him.
- He loves to put his finger in his belly button. So much so that I have to put a onsie under his shirts or else he'll have his finger on his button all day long.
- Roman doesn't walk - he struts. He's got the funniest little strut. I tried to take a picture of it, but it really doesn't do it justice
Some words he says:
- Mommy and Da
- Cold (which means outside and cold)
- Lala (means Elmo)
- Ju (juice)
- Beh (his friend, Beck)
- pane (airplane)
- Cheekie (chicken)
- bee-dee (birdie)
I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of all of them right now. He also can do the animal sounds for dog, cat, rooster, lamb, pig, goat, and birdies. Anyway, I know this was a long post, but I felt like I needed to document some of these things (especially since I don't have a baby book). I can't believe that my baby is turning into a toddler. In some ways I feel like he's been here forever and in another way I feel like he was born a few weeks ago. Time flies and I love seeing my baby grow and do new things. He's such a joy to Jason and me...most of the time :)