Sunday, March 23, 2008

Eventful Easter Weekend

We had such a fun Easter weekend. On Saturday Jason's grandma and grandpa Jenks invited everyone over for lunch and an Easter egg hunt for the little kids. The kids had so much fun. Roman was pretty excited to see all the colorful "balls" and then when he discovered there was actually candy in them then he was extatic. His 2 favorite things in one! Here's Jason and Roman with Jason's grandma and grandpa.



Roman LOVES Jason's dad. Duane's so nice that he'll do anything Roman wants him to...no wonder he likes him so much :) So, Roman was glad to have a little help from grandpa when he couldn't reach some of the eggs.


We also did a little egg hunt at our house this morning. Roman knew exactly what the eggs were this time...and that they were full of candy. It was a little chilly out, so I was glad that he actually wore the hat I made him. Yea! Maybe all my hard work wasn't in vain :)


He loved his little football basket. Isn't that cute?


So, of course I had to follow my family tradition of buying Easter clothes with a theme. Obviously this year's theme was green. Jason wasn't too hip on the idea because he thought it was "cheesy" to dress alike. I told him that my dad did it every year, so he finally gave in and swallowed his pride. Anyway, when we got to church I noticed that no one else had a theme for the whole family. A few people had the kids dressed in a theme, but the parents weren't a part of it. Oh well...I'm sure Korbi will do a theme next year, right?

When we got home from church Jason and I hurried and changed out of our clothes so we could go over to his parents' for Easter dinner (which was sooo good). Anyway, Roman usually follows us wherever we go, and after I got dressed I noticed he wasn't in the bedroom with us. I went out the the family room and this was what I saw. Now that he's going to nursery, he's just so exhausted from playing so hard. He stayed asleep at grandma's until I finally woke him up. Anyway, we had a fun and exhausting Easter.







15 comments:

Korbi said...

I love it! I love it! We tried to have a theme, I made Stephen's tie match Beck's suit, but well, how can I say this.... the fat lady had nothing to wear and I didn't want to buy something from Wal-Mart to wear just once.... This is my wishful thinking that I won't be fat after this week... :)You guys looked adorable and I'm glad that I'm not the only crazy lady out there is crazy ideas....

Cori said...

So adorable! Q had almost the same outfit, but a theme-that is a great idea. Maybe Eric will go for that next year.

Lauren said...

You look ADORABLE in your cute prego belly! You are beautiful! I love the matching green theme. So cute! Glad that you had a great Easter!

Danna said...

You guys look so cute! Of course, you know I am a theme girl too. Like Jason, Brady resists, so this year I just dressed the kids alike. Jason is a good sport. :) Roman looks so cute in his hat! It was fun to see you on Friday!

melanie said...

You guys look so cute. I love Roman's green pants!

I always want a 'theme'. But with the limited shopping around here and 4 kids to drag around, my dreams are usually dashed. It worked for the kids this year but I was not about to wear pastels post baby. Not yet anyway.

Kenna said...

I loved the theme, you guys looked so cute! We tried to have a theme but gave up after I couldn't find cute things for everyone that coordinated...it truly is a skill to coordinate everyone cutely so good job! Glad you had a good Easter:)

Kimberly said...

You guys look so great, what a cute maternity dress! We too do a theme, and i just dont understand why people dont do that anymore. Seth tries to resist, but he goes along with it in the end. This year i even got him into a pink tie! He and kaylee matched and Jackson and i matched, but i didn't get any pictures of all of us together :( Your easter sounds so fun!

Cindy Spratling said...

Oh Beff, you look so pretty in grees. So do your boys :)

April said...

you look great!! I love your dress and I love that you all match!! You have always been so cute that way! Glad Roman had fun seeing all the colorful eggs. Next year he'll be the big brother showing how it's done. :)

Natalee said...

You guys look so cute!!! I'm glad Jason pulled through...I kind of figured he would. :) Hardly anyone in our ward even HAD new Easter outfits. I'm glad a few of us still try to keep the "tradition" going. haha. I'm glad little Romie got to have an Easter Egg hunt! How fun. :) It will be cute next year when he remembers just exactly WHAT he is looking for. :)

Nicole Stucki said...

Cute outfits Beff! I love it. I will have to do that next year. You look so cute pregnant! Easter is such a fun holiday. I love that Roman fell asleep like that. You have to love those days!

Cindy said...

How cute are the Jenks family! You all look so cute in your green. I love your dress, where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? Oh and Roman, I just want to eat him. Looks like Cam and him were matching w/their vests! I felt the same way at church. I didn't see anyone else matching. Why not?? I thought everyone would be decked out, guess we better hold down the tradition all by ourselves! (I orignally bought a green dress, b/c we had the green theme too...but mine was way too st. patricks dayish...you pulled yours off with class, good job!

Sorry for the novel.

Unknown said...

That is so cute. I love your baby bump.

Shaila Lou said...

I love the idea of a theme. Plus I haven't gotten an Easter dress in ages, so it would give me an excuse! You guys all look so cute! You're look great prego! Looks like a fun Easter. Oh and Jason is looking great!! Has he been working out, because his arms look so buff!

Matt and Adge said...

such cute easter outfits! is that a maternity dress? i can never find cute ones. roman is so adorable...it was fun to read your post about him :).