Saturday, March 15, 2008

Haircut!

When Roman was born he had tons of hair. He basically needed a haircut as soon as he entered this world and it didn't take me long to give him one. In fact, he was only 3 months old the first time he went to the salon. So, for the first few months I would take him to the salon and have it done. Then my sister-in-law, Elaine taught me how to do it myself, so I bought some clipper and started doing it on my own. Well, the last time he had a haircut was probably around 2 months ago. He was so bad while I was trying to do it. It looked terrible. He was so squirmy and trying to take the clippers out of my hand...it was too stressful for me to try to do it again. So, it's been bugging me for a while now because I like his hair really short. He has absolutely NO curl or wave in his hair and he really wouldn't be able to pull off a slightly longer do. So, today I took him into a walk-in salon and $19 later he had a new hair cut. Does anyone else think that $15 for a child's cut is expensive? I thought it was a little steep. Maybe I'm just cheap. Anyway, I had to give her a pretty good tip too because he was so bad. I don't know how she did it. I even had him on my lap and tried to keep him still, but he still managed to move a lot!
OK, so I just have to comment on this picture. Lately Roman has hated getting his picture taken. He'll be all cute and smiley and as soon as I take out the camera he pulls this move. In fact, yesterday I took him to Wal-Mart's picture studio to get his 18 month portraits and he was being so difficult. Everytime she would try to get him to smile he would either put his hand over his face or close his eyes and scrunch his mouth. Luckily we got ONE good shot. He's definitely got a mind of his own.

11 comments:

Kenna said...

Wow 15 dollars is alot for a kids haircut...however it's worth it to get a good one (believe me I know about bad hair cuts...I'm still recovering!) Roman looks so big..how old is he now?

Korbi said...

that's funny. I asked Jason at church if you guys had cute his hair and he said no. Haha!!

amber said...

I love Romy's short haircuts ( I believe I gave him his first!)

Shaila Lou said...

Roman looks very cute! That is an expensive kids haircut! My boys also have had their first haircut at 3 months. I'm thinking Winston's is going to be sooner though! Wish we could have come and seen you guys...Matt tried stopping by one night, but you were gone. Oh well, next time!

Cindy Spratling said...

So worth the $15. Although that's pretty steep! But he looks so adorable. And I sympathize with you getting professional pics taken. I have tried 3 times, all unsuccessful and no purchaces made. Claire is such a faker. She is so cute at home and will even practice saying cheese and getting a picture taken, but she can give a nasty scowl to anyone trying to get her to smile. Kids!

Danna said...

He looks so cute, Bop! I need to get my boys in for a haircut too. Even Milo's is getting long. Yes, I bet you could find a place to do it cheaper than $15. The lady we go to charges $9, and I think that is pretty fair.

Natalee said...

No "wave or curl" in his hair? hahahaha That sounded JUST like mom! Maybe you should try giving it a little body and curl with the curling iron. I'm gonna have to agree on the side of $15 being a little ridiculous! You obviously didn't call Susan. ;) At least its a very CUTE haircut. I can't believe how big he is, and how cute he always is! Is he really 18 months old now!?!? My gosh! Even if he IS camera shy now, he's still a cutie.

Cicily Bennion said...

Romie looks so darling with his new haircut. Maybe if its short enough you won't have to invest the $15 too often. Oh, for the days of Susan alright! I want one of those "good" pictures. He's changed quite a bit since the last one I have! Mom

April said...

He is such a handsome little cutie!! His eyes are just amazing and everytime you post a picture of him I notice how beautiful his eyes are.

I love his haircut!

AlliFinn said...

Yes, a yacht it is. I want that or a nice dinner.. I laugh ever time you write "oh JoAnne"....I miss you and Romy. He is so handsome. I think if he stays on the straight and narrow he and Alli could be cute together.

melanie said...

I can only crack up at the crappy picture stage because I don't have a kid in it right now. When we took Nate for his 18 month pictures I was so stressed and swear I broke out in a sweat trying to get him to cooperate. The pictures were horrible!

Love his haircut, he's adorable. I just cut Reed's hair on Sat (he's 3 months). I hate the patchy look. One day he'll let you do it again, don't give up. You've always done a good job.