Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Our trip to Powell

So, I know several of you are wondering where I've been and why I haven't been blogging. And when I say several I mean more like one or two people :) Anyway, I haven't given up on blogging. It's a long story, but my father-in-law had to borrow our laptop for a week and so I didn't have a computer and then we left for Powell last Friday, and so I haven't really had a chance to work on it until today. Anyway, enough of the logistics. LIke I said, we traveled to Powell last Friday. I told Jason that since I couldn't spend Christmas with my family then we at least had to spend a week in WY for Thanksgiving. Thankfully he's a good sport and so he agreed. WE were really nervous about the long trip in the car (it's about 11 hours). Last time we traveled with Roman for an extended periods of time he was really bad. So, we planned to leave at about 2:30 pm and hoped he would take his afternoon nap. Then he usually goes to bed at about 7:00, so we planned on driving a long as we could and then we'd get a hotel. Anyway, I'm happy to say that little Romie was better than ever. The picture below shows what he looked like for most of the trip. He was awake for a few hours, bet even when he was awake he was being really good. Since he was so good we just decided on toughing it out and driving the whole way. So, we didn't get into town until 2:00am.
Roman loves playing with Cicily.  She was trying to practice the piano and he decided she could use his help.  It didn't sound very pretty with his little part, but he sure looked cute.
Roman's been getting a little braver with his attempts at walking. He'll go really fast when he's holding your hands, but as soon as you let go then he just sits down. So, my dad had this idea of putting a wooden spoon in each hand to give him a false sense of security.  He didn't really walk, but he did stand on his own for a little bit.  Just a quick disclaimer for that pic above.  I don't know why I'm smiling like that.  I guess I'm trying to show every tooth in my mouth.  I put it up though because Roman looks so cute. The picture below is of Raegan and Roman. Natalee and Chris and their kids gave Roman a cute little garbage truck as a belated birthday present. They got it for him because of the post I wrote a while ago about Roman's love for the garbage truck that comes to our house.  Anyway, Raegan and Romie loved playing with it.  It's so cute.  I can't believe how fancy the toys are these days.  


6 comments:

Kenna said...

Oh Beff I'm so glad to see you are still alive! How fun that you got to go home for awhile... I can't hardly stand waiting all the way until Christmas to see my fam! Roman is So adorable, he looks like you when he is sleeping, it reminded me of our afternoon naps:) Cicily's hair looks so dark, did she dye it or is it just the picture? Well hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Bethany said...

No, Cic didn't dye her hair it's just her natural color. She's trying to convince my mom that she should dye it a dark brown, but I don't think my mom's going to allow that. Well, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Too bad we can't celebrate it together like we always did growing up :(

Korbi said...

I MISSED YOU!!! I know I know, a touching moment for "convenient friends," but really, I drive by your house and I get all teary eyed thinking of you, okay that part I made up, but it has been a little lonely. We are headed to Tri-cities today for bowling and dinner with Stephen's family. Stephen has had the flu the past 3 days and I believe that I have the beginning stages, so I might not see you on Sunday!!! PS. I believe that that is the garbage truck toy from Costco. PSS> you need to come over and take some of Beck's toys because he is going to make out like a bandit at Christmas and I meed to go through them and yard sell a bunch, so come over sometime and please take them..... Only if you want of course... PSSS> you do have lots of nice teeth. :)

April said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I am so glad, and surprised, at how well Roman did on you drive!

Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving! By the way, I need to get your email because I can never send you emails... it always comes back to me. Talk to you soon!

Kimberly said...

Aww what a peaceful little sleeper romie looks like. Your legs are looking very slim and trim, by the way. . . i didn't even notice your smile until i read further, because i was too busy thinking how good you looked! What a fun trip home!

Bethany said...

My email address is bethanybj@hotmail. That's for April and anyone else who doesn't have my new one :)