Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I got tagged

I was tagged a long time ago, but I'm just barely getting around to writing down the 6 interesting things about myself. So, here it goes...
1. I'm afraid of almost all animals. I blame my mother for this trait. We never had a pet when I was growing up, so I'm not very comfortable around animals. Interestingly enough, I'm the most afraid of cats and mice (which are probably the most harmless ones of all.) I'm OK with dogs if they're small, but in general I'm just not a big fan of anything that's not a human.
2. I really like to try to be domestic. I know that being a mom and a homemaker can have it's boring moments, but all in all it's my favorite job ever. I've loved trying to master all of the aspects of homemaking. I've learned how to sew (kind of...at least enough to sew some curtains.) I even canned applesauce, apple pie filling, and peaches this year. And I love cooking and baking. I like to challenge myself with new difficult recipes. Anyway, I'm not quite "homemaker of the year", but I'm working on it.
3. I love to shop at yard sales. This is a fairly new obsession of mine. In fact, I had never really considered it before. I was always a little squeemish about using something that used to belong to someone else. But, my friends started talking about how great it was and all they amazing deals they would find. So, this past April I went to my first yard sale and I've been addicted ever since. I've always loved a good deal, and it's so fun to hunt through a bunch of junk to find something you really want. Let me just share a few of my great finds with you. I got a cuisinart ice cream maker that had never been used for $3. I also got a food dehydrator that had never been used for $2. I got a nice luggage set for $5. I have found a countless number of cute clothes for Roman and most of them were only $1 or less. I've decided that even if I'm a bagillionaire someday, I will still got yard-saling every Saturday morning in the Summer.
4. I have a knack for impersonating people. This is something I've been doing since I was really little. I love trying to master someone else's way of talking or their accent. My old roommates can attest to the fact that I could do a pretty good impression of my old co-worker, Sara Castillo. Now I like to try to impersonate my mother-in-law's accent. Even Jason says that I'm pretty dead-on. I'm not trying to make fun of anyone. It's always done out of love.
5.I have a dimple on my left thigh. And, no it's not a cellulite dimple. I was born with this one. Of all the places to have a dimple. How come I couldn't have dimples in my cheeks? No, I get one on the top of my left thigh. It's not cute.
6. As you know by now, I have this inability to tell a story in a breif, concise manor. I will try so hard to keep it short a sweet, but I always have to give all these unnecessary details. I blame my mom for this trait too :) In fact all the girls in my family are this way. We just love details. And I appreciate it when someone else tells a story with lots of details too. But I realize that not everyone is like me (Jason). That's why we're such an interesting pair. For example, if someone asked Jason, "How did you and Bethany meet?" He'd say, "We met at college." I one the other hand would tell them all about how I had dated his roommate and how we became friends and then we dated for a few months and then blah, blah, blah. Okay, this post is getting ridiculously long.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Beff, what great facts! I can't even picture you at a yard sale, you go!

Kenna said...

Oh Beff I need to hear a Grandma Hopkin impression... it's been so Long! Great facts!:)

Korbi said...

Stephen is fixing my computer! I am so happy! I hope it works! He brings his home every night, so that I can check my e-mail, bit he won't let me check my blog on it, but right now he's up in bed, so he has no idea I'm on my blog. :) SSSHHHH don't tell. You're post was really cute! You said have bragged about what GREAT of a yard saler you are... Because you really are quite good. Like it was a skill or something. And yes, you do sound like Ellen.... How was your work party? I peeked at your calendar while I was stranded at your house yesterday. :)

Cicily Bennion said...

Oh, dear. If you have an impression of Grandma Hopkin does that mean you have one of me! I can just imagine what it sounds like - not good, I'm sure. Thanks for blaming me for all your eccentricities. Mom