Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring....and other things

I can't believe it's been more than 20 days since my last post. Where does the time go? This month has especially flown by for me. I'm so glad that the weather is starting to warm up a little bit and the kids can go outside! I'll have more on that later, but first I just have to complain about Roman's eating...or lack thereof. Apparently he's inherited his father's picky eating habits. He's good at eating snacky foods like crackers and fruit snacks, but when it comes to meal time it's become a huge battle. He won't eat anything I cook (which is too bad for him because I'm a pretty darn good cook if I do say so myself :). Lately all he wants to eat for all three meals is rice krispies. Not the most balanced meal. So today I said, "Roman, what do you want for lunch?" Of course he said, "Cereal." which means rice krispies because it's the only cereal he'll eat. I told him he had to choose something else. So, he said he wanted pickles. I told him he would need to have something else besides just pickles and he said toast. Of course he won't eat the crust though. Then he said he wanted pop corn too. I said no to the popcorn and suggested corn instead. So, this was his lunch. Just a weird assortment of strange foods. Oh, and to make it worse, he put the corn on his toast like it was a corn sandwich. Please tell me this is just a stage. We've had a few nice days and the kids are loving it. We've been going for walks in the stroller and it's so nice to have the option of going outside.

On Monday Jason came home from work kind of early, so we he played catch with Rome for quite a while. Iree and I just watched.


Look at that form. We're fully expecting him to be an athlete - and by that I mean a professional one :)



I told Jason to pose, and so he did. Nice pose, Jase.

And my teeny tiny angel (that's one of her many nicknames) turned 8 months on St. Patty's day. She's getting so big! She's the sweetest little girl and she's just so happy. We love out little Iree and I can't believe she's already 8 months. Like I said, time is just flying by.







8 comments:

Natalee said...

Oh my gosh Iree is getting so big and cute! :) That's some kind of lunch! I think I would pick your cooking over that any day! :)

Korbi said...

she is an angel. And WOW! Nice arm Romie!

Cori said...

At least you got Roman to eat corn. The only way I can get Q to eat a vegetable is to puree it and disguise it in something (like puree squash in his macaroni and cheese). I have tried everything, but he always seems to spit out every singe vegetable no matter how it is hidden. Meat is another story in itself. So basically we eat a lot of beans in this house to supplement the protein and fiber that we don't get otherwise. Sorry I am not much help, but I can definitely sympathize with you!!

Elaine said...

Little Iree is getting so big. She is adorable.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Boppy - Haven't seen pictures of the kids for so long - how cute are they??? Iree has grown up so much- she looks kind of blonde these days. Can't wait to see you at Easter (I'm still hoping). I will stock up on Krispies - guess I won't have to cook, huh? Mom

Cindy Spratling said...

Oh, so fun. I love being able to take the kids outside. It's theraputic for all of us :) Good luck with the future pro athlete! He's got great form for sure!

Kimberly said...

oh once my kids reach two all of the sudden they pick through everything! Cereal, pb&j's are favorites around my house. It is so nice to see the weather on the upswing. I am just so done with the cold. Btw, holy huge house behind jason in that picture. It reminds me that i dont know if you have ever posted pictures of your new house :)