Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Good News and the Bad News...

Good news first. We took a little family vacation to Boise this weekend to see Jason's brother, Chad. We had so much fun and the kids were GREAT. They were angels during the drive there and on the way back. They slept like logs in the hotel and they were practically perfect at the stores, restaurants and the zoo. We had so much fun and we ate lots of good food. The other good news (and part of the reason we went up this weekend) is that Chad finished taking the BAR on Wendesday. So, we thought it would be fun to go celebrate with him. He won't find out if he's passed it for a few more months, but he's pretty much a genius and I'm willing to bet some big dollars that he passed. The other good news which has nothing to do with this, is that Cadbury Mini Eggs are officially in the stores and it makes me smile just thinking about that. I purchased my first bag of the season last week. Pure joy.

Now for the bad news...don't worry, it's not THAT bad. We took lots of great pictures of our little family vacation and a certain little boy earased ALL of them. I know...I'm still so sad. I can't really blame my Romie too much because I let him look at the camera. You see, on the way home from Boise he was getting a little tired of watching movies, so I told him he could look at the pictures of Uncle Chad and the animals. So, he was looking at them for a while and it kept him entertained. I showed him the button to push to skip to the next picture and that was the only button he would push. So, the next day I was home doing the dishes and Jason was working and Rome was wanting some attention. So, I gave him my camera and told him to look at the pictures. He was looking for a while and then all the sudden he says, "Here, Mom, pictures gone." Sure enough, I look and the camera says, "There are no files". What?! That's right, he erased all of them. The thought had crossed my mind that he might do something like that, but I didn't really think he would because you have to push the trash can symbol and then scroll down to "delete all" and then it asks you if you are sure you want to delete all of them and you have to select "yes". Anyway, he managed to do all of that. I was so sad. Usually I'm not that great about taking pictures, but this time I took a bunch. We had tons of cool pictures from the zoo and Chad even managed to take a family picture where we are ALL looking at the camera (that's like a miracle). Oh well, in the grand scheme of things it's really not a big deal. I really need to learn to stop underestimating that little boy of mine.

9 comments:

Natalee said...

Oh I'm so sorry! That stinks! I worry about doing that myself, but I never really thought about my kids doing it too! I'm glad you had a good time on your little trip.

Mrs. Ford said...

Beff,
That sounds like so much fun. Sad about the pics though.

P.S. Trever brought home the mini eggs the day they came to the Walmart. He does love me I know it! Yum!!

Cori said...

Little boys can be such stinker pants some times. Like this morning when Quintin decided to open the fridge and dump an entire pitcher of juice on the kitchen floor and slip-n-slide in it. That was followed shortly by climbing onto the table and taking a black Sharpy marker to every page of my check book and table cloth. Sometimes we just have to throw up our hands and gives them some big smooches...haha (if only I really was that patient sometimes).

and..I have officially consumed two entire bags of mini eggs by myself in just four days.

Cicily Bennion said...

Bops! So sorry about the lost pictures. I would have loved seeing them. Glad you went to see Chaddie. How is he doing? He's probably lonely now that you left. Cic left today for Washington D.C. this morning so we are childless for a few days. Well, guess there's always Clint at meals - ha! Mom

Korbi said...

I'm sorry, but ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! :) That's too funny

Kenna said...

Amen to the Mini eggs! Seriously it's a good thing those are a seasonal item or I'd eat them all the time! I'm SO sorry about your pictures:( That happened to all of our Christmas morning pictures and I was so sad. But it does sound like you've got a smarty pants son!:)

Shaila Lou said...

Sound like an awesome weekend! Too bad Roman figured out how to delete them all. That always makes me sick when I lose pictures!

Cindy Spratling said...

Mini eggs are my fave! Too bad about the pics, I have been lucky enough that Claire has never erased pictures. Too bad she decided to chuck the camera at the tile floor instead and break it! Anyway- yes it's true, Savannah is a large little chica. The nurse kept measuring her over and over because she is so unusually long. She doesn't look like a huge babe or anything, just bigger than most babies her age. Hopefully she'll turn out a little more "avaerage" :)

Danna said...

That is really too bad! Any chance Chad took any with his camera. So after our conversation the other day about how you have to buy your mimi eggs early or the stores will be out of them, I went out and bought 2 super sized bags. After I gain 5 pounds, I may regret it, but for now, I am pretty excited! :)