Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The scary tomato

Roman's new favorite thing to say is, "I scared." He says this a hundred times a day. The poor boy is scared of everything! He's scared of Whoopi Goldberg, Japanese cartoons, cats (but not dogs...surprisingly), and many other weird things that I don't have time to list. Anyway, a few days ago Amber and the kids came over to visit. Roman was playing in the backyard with the girls and Ava noticed this funny tomato on my plant. She brought it in to us and was talking about how it looked like a man with a big nose. Amber and I kind of laughed about it and then I put it on the counter. After they left Roman kept pointing to the counter and saying, "I scared." At first I couldn't figure out what he was scared of. I asked him if he saw a bug and he said no. Then he started saying, "Nose. I scared." Then I knew he was talking about the tomato. So then I picked up the tomato and said, "Is this what you're scared of?" Before I could even finish my sentence, he ran away screaming, "No, mommy! I scared!" Seriously, Roman, you're gonna be a man someday and you really can't be scared of things like cats and tomatoes! Although that is a pretty weird looking tomato with a really bad profile. And here's a picture of my little angel baby, Iris. I took this yesterday when she was 12 days old. It's amamzing how quickly they change! She is so sweet and I just hope and pray that she stays that way.




16 comments:

Megan said...

Romie is SO CUTE! That tomato looks scary to me too! Wow...what are you fertilizing with? j/k! And the new baby Iree...WOW! She's a cutie too! and I'm sure she'll be that way forever Bethany! You guys sure do know how to make good lookin kids...better work on the veggies though!! =)

Trenton & Maren said...

Iris is such a dolly baby. How adorable. How is Roman adjusting so far? Does he love his baby sister? Funny about the tomato.

Natalee said...

Oh how I LOVE that little boy of yours! He is such a cutie, and makes me laugh so hard. :) I can't believe how much Iree has already changed! What a pretty baby! I'm so excited to see you tomorrow!!!

karajason said...

Congratulations on a new baby.

karajason said...

Congratulations on a new baby.

karajason said...

Congratulations on a new baby.

karajason said...

sorry about that last comment going up three times. Anything can happen when you are wrestling a 3 year old on your lap. ha ha.

Kenna said...

Well that's a Bennion tomato if I ever saw one!:) Oh I wish I could know Roman, he sounds like such a fun kid. And Iris really is beautiful, I'm glad she is a good baby!:)

Rebecca said...

That is so funny!!! It's nice to hear because my little boy is scared too....especially "people" I know how you feel. CONGRATS! on the baby girl, she is absolutely adorable. It makes me baby hungry.

Danna said...

Roman is so funny! What a sweetie! That is a pretty weird tomato. Iree is too cute! It was fun to see you guys!

AlliFinn said...

She is gorgeous Bethany. Hope your feeling well! Hope Romie can pull it together! Hehe

AlliFinn said...

She is gorgeous Bethany. Hope your feeling well! Hope Romie can pull it together! Hehe

Cindy said...

Iris is the cutest little baby! I love her name too, you always have such great name ideas...you'll have to throw some my way when I find out what I'm having.

April said...

That is the scariest tomato I have ever seen! I would be scared too Roman!! He is just so cute!

Iris is so adorable and I can't believe that she is almost three weeks old. Hope you are doing well!

allyson said...

Hope it's okay, I checked out your blog via Tony and Alli's. It's fun to see what your world is like. Adorable children. I have a scaredy cat myself. He thinks monkeys are everywhere and out to get him. If you'd like to check out our blog it's: ericandallyb.blogspot.com
Allyson

Cass said...

What cute kids...You don't know me probably. I was just looking at blogs for ideas and came across yours through Lauren's...I decided to leave a comment to see if you know my in-laws, Mike & Cinthia Van Slyke? They live up in Moses Lake. I just thought it was cool you were from the same place. It's a small world.