Saturday, July 5, 2008

38 weeks and the 4th of July

Yesterday (the 4th of July) was my 38 week marker. Here's an embarassing picture of me. I never realize exactly how huge I am until I see a picture of myself. I keep telling myself that I only look that big because I'm wearing horizontal stripes, but deep down I know it's not the stripes' fault. Anyway, I'm feeling surprisingly good. I'm really not that anxious to have the baby yet. Part of me is hoping she'll just keep cookin in there for as long as possible because I know that it's going to rock my world when she makes her appearance. I still have a million things I want to do before she gets here. But, there's also a big part of me that wants her to come pretty soon because I'm anxious to see what she looks like and hold a little newborn. Newborns are so fun too. We didn't do anything too exciting for the 4th. Jason's parents invited us over for a really yummy dinner. Then afterwards we went to watch the fireworks with Sean and Amber and their kids. I was actually kind of excited for Roman to see the fireworks because he's never really seen them. I thought he would love them. I was so wrong. He was soooo scared. I've never seen him act like this before. At first when we got there, they hadn't started yet, so I took this picture of him and Jason. He's pretty happy here, but of course you wouldn't know it because he wouldn't look at me to take the pic.

Then there were some kind of small fireworks that other people were doing and he noticed them and got a little spooked. He put his face in Jason's chest, but he would look up every now and again.

Finally, the real fireworks started and he just freaked. He wasn't screaming or anything, but he completely buried his face in Jason's shoulder and held on to his shirt soooo tight. You couldn't pry him off of Jason. The poor little boy was so scared. We stayed for most of the show and then we headed home because Romie obviously wasn't enjoying it, and plus it was almost 11 which is well past ALL of our bedtimes :) Hopefully next year my little Rome won't be so nervous about the works of fire.






14 comments:

Lauren said...

You look fantastic for being 38 weeks. You're not swollen ANYWHERE. You seriously are beautiful as always. Do you have a name picked out for your little Princess? Poor Roman. Those fireworks are very loud.

Matt and Adge said...

you look great, bethany! wow, only two weeks to go...that is so close. Good Luck!!

Little Roman is so adorable. It's kind of fun when they'll cuddle with you like that, even if you do have to scare the snot out of them to get them to do it :).

Shaila Lou said...

Oh, I hate it when they are so scared. My boys are over it now and both enjoy the show!

It was great seeing you guys. I think you look awesome at 38 weeks, and way smaller then you think you are. Also I think that you are smaller then that picture shows!!

Also Jason is looking awesome too!!

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

Oh Beff you look so dang cute. I can't wait for you to have this little one! I love newborns too. And poor little Roman. He will like them better next year I'm sure.

Megan said...

You look so cute! I'm so excited for your little girl! How fun! I want a little girl! ;-)I wonder what Romie with think of the whole thing?

Cori said...

If I could look like you when I was 38 weeks pregnant I think I would allow myself to have 14 children! You are one hot mama...really would you post an ugly picture so we can all feel a little better about ourselves!

Natalee said...

ohhhhh! How sweet! Poor little guy. You look SO CUTE! Not 38 weeks pregnant at all! I am excited gor you to have your little Poppy! She is going to be so fun and adorable!

Cindy said...

Poor little guy! You look fabulous Beff. I feel the same way though...I think I'm lookin OK until I see a pic later, and I'm like, "Gross, I was so huge!" But, you don't need to worry about that. Good luck with the next few weeks...how exciting to be almost done!

Kenna said...

Beff you look fabulous in your 4th of July stripes! I feel bigger than that and I'm only half way done! So what names do you have picked out? I need to know so I can steel them:) I hope you are feeling good... what an exciting time!:)

April said...

I am so anxious for you! THis is so exciting that it is so close! You look soo good! I love how you are just so skinny with just the little baby ball in front!

Good luck with everything that is about to come. I love the newborns too! I keep thinking about you!

Cindy Spratling said...

Beff, like everyone has already said... you look awesome! I am 24 weeks and already looking overdue. Not a joke either! Plus, I see you are still wearing your wedding ring. Not very many gals can do that at 38 weeks. good luck with all that is too come. I'm jealous you are almost done!

Korbi said...

http://alishawilkins.blogspot.com/2008/07/diaper-cake.html


Check out her diaper cake! Holy crap. I went to high school with her and she's the one that sent me that big box of bows.

AlliFinn said...

you look awesome. cant wait to see the new babe when she decides to come!!

melanie said...

Bethany, you look dang cute at 38 (now 39-40?) weeks. I love that last bit of anticipation waiting to see how sweet and cute your baby will be. Can't wait for the update. That is when you feel like blogging again (don't make it too long, k?). Thinking of you....

Oh, Roman hanging on Jason is the cutest thing ever. I love his sweet haircut!! Roman's that is... :)