Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh the stress...

Some of you already know this, but for those of you who don't, Jason and I recently bought a new house. I use the term "new" loosely :) The home we bought was a repo and we got a great deal on it. It's about twice the size of the house we're living in now and it's in a great neighborhood. Those are the good things about it. Now for the downside...the house was abandoned for FIVE years. I know, I didn't know that was possible either. It's a long story, but the people who owned it moved to AK and they kept making payments right before the bank was going to foreclose it. I'm really baffled as to why someone would do that, but whatever. So, the poor house has a lot of damage to it. Lots of mice had gotten in to it, so we have to replace all the flooring. Plus we're getting the whole interior repainted. And, since it was abandoned for so long some people broke in and stole the heater, air conditioner, hot water heater, and electrical panel. So, all that has to be replaced too. Good thing Jason's parents own a heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical business. That's sure come in handy! So, anyway, for about the past two months we've been working on selling our house and getting the new house ready. Luckily we have a sale pending on our house so that has been a huge relief, but we still have soooo much work to do on this new house. Oh...and we're working on a timeline too. We have to have the house ready for appraisal on August 4th (so almost everything has to be done by then), and we have to be out of our house by August 25th. I know...what am I thinking? Did I mention that I'm having a baby in like 2 days?!! So, if I'm slacking in the blogging department it's because I've got lots and lots on my mind. It will all be worth it in the end though, right? I'm so excited to have the baby and be moved into my new house. I would just like to fast forward a few months so I can be done with the stress of it all. I'll keep you all updated on everything. I'll post some before and after pics of the house when it's all done. Wish me luck with all this craziness :)

14 comments:

Megan Ford said...

Oh bless you for working so hard on that house. That is so crazy. My house was empty for almost a year and just had lots bugs and dust. So, we sprayed and cleaned. Good luck and we can't wait to see that little baby!

Megan said...

Bethany!!! That's INSANE! But, if anyone can do it, it's YOU! I'll bet that baby will be popped out in good form, and you'll be in your new house with energy to spare! Everything will be fine. I've been "embracing the suffering" with everything...and you know what?! It kinda works! Roll with it! But take it easy too...let other people do some stuff, and don't feel guilty because they're helping.(it makes them feel good about themselves)Love Ya! Can't wait to see pics of baby and house and you! ~Meg

Kenna said...

Oh my crazy lady! Yes, what are you thinking!:) But you're right it will all be worth it...and it's hard to not take a good deal on a house!
My interest in mighty peeked at what the name of your little girl is...my top name for the moment is Ava, so if that happens to be it you know I didn't copy you!:) We also like Lily and Elle well and of course Beff!:) So I can't wait for you to have that baby, good luck with everything!

the landreths said...

Whoa! That is crazy, Bethany! Good luck with all of it--i know you can do it! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

That sounds like tons of fun! You will get everything done. Good luck with the new baby! You better post pictures of her and all the details! If we lived closer we would totally help out. Well Jeremy would he is quite the handyman!

Rischel said...

Bethany!! I miss you and can't believe that I havent seen you and you are due any minute. I must call you.

AlliFinn said...

holy cow girl! good luck. I saw you at church but was with all of my family and was swept away before i could say hi. You looked great! Hope all goes well and ill stay posted to see how it all goes!!

Jen Bennion said...

Oh my gosh Bethany! You've definitely got alot on your plate right now. I've been bugging Collin to find out whether or not you've had your baby yet and he told me last night that you're getting induced on Thursday. We are so excited for you guys! You look great too. I'm sure you're anxious for her to come. It's a girl right? With a brand new baby and a new house I can totally understand not wanting to make the trek to WY. We will miss you and we just might have to make a trip to WA to see you guys!

Natalee said...

BOPPY!!! You are two kinds of crazy!!! Good grief! I am glad mom will be there in a day or so to help you! I am so excited for your baby to get here!! Keric and I have been counting the days. Good luck! Love you!

Kimberly said...

Oh my, that sounds like sooo much work. It will be so nice when it is all done. Seth and i were looking into a house like that, and it was just so hard to think of fixing it up. I cannot wait to see the before and after!!

Shaila Lou said...

How exciting to have a new adventure...despite the stress. Good thing you have a husband to take care of things. I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone (for me)! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby!

Cindy said...

Beff! You are crazy! I didn't realize you were having a baby so soon! I feel a bit overwhelmed like you right now as well, although I'm not expecting a baby anyday now. We're suppose to move in a week and still haven't closed on our house! I just hope we aren't homeless. Good luck, I can't wait to see your little cutie!

Lauren said...

Good luck! I wish I was there to help you. I'm sure the house will be gorgeous. Hang in there and don't over do it. :)

The Lennons said...

Hey! I don't know if you recognize me, but I sorta know you! I hope it's ok that I peeked at your blog from Cori's! We are going through so much of the same...I read a few posts back and had to laugh. I'm a severe nester too. We are due close to the same time too! I am due the 30th, so am just now 38 weeks, but wanted you to know I can sympathize with you on being stressed before baby! (Hopefully you've had yours by the time you read this! I think I'll be waiting forever!)