Monday, October 29, 2007

Polka-dotted pumpkins

OK, So I know I'm not the craftiest person around, but every once in a while I'll try to pull something off. Every year I tell myself that I'm going to do one of these really cool carved pumpkins. Like my brother Collin did one of Steven Colbert and it looks exactly like like him. It's insanely good. I wish I could do that, but I've tried carving before and the only thing I can do is the triangle eyes with a big smile. Even when I try to do that I somehow mess it up. So, this year I was all excited when I saw these cute polka-dotted pumpkins in my "Parenting" magazine. And they were super easy too. All you do is put round stickers on your pumpkin and then paint it black. Then when the paint dries you peel off the stickers and voila - you have your very own polka-dotted pumpkin. So, here's a picture of my materpiece.

I was so proud of my one that I made another one. That's about the extent of my Halloween decorating

Today my postwoman delivered my mom's Halloween package (Yea! I was afraid she'd forgotten to do it) Anyway, when I answered the door she said, "I love your pumpkins!" Trust me, I've never been told that before. So, I 've decided from now on no more carving. I just need to accept the fact that I'm not good at it and now I can just stick with the one thing I can do. Plus I wont have to put my hands in the stinky pumpkin guts anymore.


8 comments:

Lauren said...

Bethany! This is Lauren (White) Shumway. Emily and Jillian's cousin! How are you? I have a blog, too! shumways.blogspot.com. Email at laurenshum@hotmail.com so we can catch up!

Korbi said...

I must say my polka dot pumpkin is definitly not as good as yours. The black paint on mine seeped through the stickers and it's all non polka dottish.....

Bethany said...

Mine seeped through too, but you can't tell unless you're pretty close. I'm sure yours looks fab. Afterall, you are the crafty one.

Cindy said...

So cute Beff! What a fun idea...we still haven't carved ours for that very same reason, I don't want them to be ugly and it's a lot of work!

SenatorBond said...

excellent decorations...what's roman's costume? Are you going trick or treating around the neighborhood tonight?

Kenna said...

Very cute Beff! I'm totally stealing you idea next year... way to go!! What's Romie for Halloween?

April said...

What a great idea Beff! I love that and might have to steal it next year. We never got around to carving ours this year... it's so much work.

Anonymous said...

Me, forget your Halloween package? It wouldn't be Halloween without some of my broken sugar cookies, would it?