Monday, October 15, 2007

Roman and the garbage truck

Most people don't like Mondays. I'm actually not one of thse people. I think they're pretty much like any other day of the week. But Roman actually loves Mondays because that's garbage day. Every Monday around 10:15 our garbage man comes. This happens to be the time that I'm also getting Roman ready for his morning nap. So, since his bedroom window faces the street, we always see the garbage truck. About a month ago Roman started getting hysterically excited when he'd see the truck. And when I say hysterical, I mean the boy was waving his hands, laughing and screaming all at the same time. He seems to especially love it when the truck "grabs" our garbage dumpster. SO, today I decided to take some pictures of Roman's most exciting part of the day (and probably of the week too.)
At this point he is squeeling in delight. I should've videotaped it.
When the truck is out of site he always starts grunting and looking all sad like he wants him to come back. You'll just have to wait til next week, little Romie. If Roman could talk I'm pretty sure if I asked him what he wants to be when he grows up then he'd say a garbage man. Yep, it's every mother's dream to see their boy grow up to collect garbage :) Maybe it won't be as cool to him in 20 more years.

4 comments:

SenatorBond said...

Well, being a garbage man can't be all the bad...steady pay, job security, and holidays off. Maybe you should take him out to the garbage dump and have him play in it. He may change his mind after that. Anyway, it's good to see you've started blogging. I haven't seen you guys since december, so it's a good way to keep in touch. Has amber started hers yet?

Kenna said...

That is so funny cause Gracie does the same thing. We live on a corner so she runs from window to window to watch it as long as possible. Maybe Roman and Gracie could go into the garbage business together! He is so stinkin' cute, I just want to squeeze him! And it looks like his room in adorable, seriously get some picture up of you house!

About adding friends to your blog, once you sign in there should be a button that says "customize" in the upper right hand corner of your blog page. Click on that, then click on "Add page element" then find where it says "Link list" and click on "Add to blog" then just add everyone that you want! hope that makes sense, if not let me know!

Oh yes and about the bangs... you do have to cut them all the time which is something I didn't consider when I did it! But you can't just cut them straight across like I always did in High school, now they are all textured so I have to go get them cut... but I'm still glad I did it!

Cindy Spratling said...

Um, you need to ship your Little Romie to me right now! I want to squeeze him and keep him. I have seen a lot of cute little boys, but he is topping the charts (probably in a tie with Ben's nephew Cache). Oh Beff, you done good work!
PS: Thanks for starting a blog! It's addicting and so fun to see what everyone is up to!

April said...

Ahhhh Beff... your little man is soooo cute!! What dazzling eyes he has! That is so cute and I could go on and on about how cute he is. It reminds of all the fun things my girls do during the day!!I am so glad that you've joined us all.

By the way, kennos... that was a novel you just wrote... I loved it though! heehee! :)