Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Year's Resolution

I made a new year's resolution to start blogging again. How many people wait until the middle of January to make good on their resolution? Probably just the really lazy ones like me. Anyway, I just wanted to give a few quick updates on our family. The first and biggest news is that we're having another baby! Yay! I'm just about 12 weeks along and my due date is August 3rd. Everyone always says, "Oh no! You'll be pregnant all summer!" And I say, "I had Roman in September and Iris in July, so I really don't know it any other way." Summer pregnancies aren't so bad. That's what I'm saying now because I've probably forgotten. Ask me again in the middle of July. So, that's exciting for us. Just think, next year's Christmas picture will have 5 people in it! That just seems like a lot.
Jason and I are doing well. As you can tell from the picture, Jase decided to start shaving his head. He kinda gave up on his hair ever "growing back," but he still has hope that someone is going to invent an inexpensive pill that you only have to take once and it grows your hair back. Umm....we'll see about that. I actually like the bald look. I think it makes him look distinguished, plus it makes me look a lot younger than him :) He's still really busy with work. I really can't complain about that because in this economy we're just really happy that we still have customers! We just celebrated our 6 year anniversary and every year that goes by, I'm more pleased with my choice in a mate. He's pretty cool. It's really embarrassing that I haven't posted since Roman's third birthday. He turned 3 on September 29th and we had a motorcycle birthday. Hence the motorcycle vest he's wearing. He actually gave me the greatest gift of all on his birthday when he suddenly decided he wanted to be potty-trained. It really was that easy. He was like, "Mom, can I start wearing underwears?" (just as a sidenote, he always says underwears instead of underwear, and I don't correct him because I think it's cute). So, pretty much from that day on he's been potty-trained. Hopefully they'll all be that easy. Anyway, he's getting bigger and smarter everday. He started sunbeams and he loves primary. He especially loves singing time. Today he started singing "I am a Child of God", and it made me get all teary-eyed. He's turned into such a sweet little boy. He loves Iree and is a great big brother...90% of the time.


Here's a picture of them in their Christmas clothes. Look how big my little Miss Ris has gotten!
This is a really random picture, but it's so cute. Iris' hair has really started to grow and I have mixed feelings about it. It's great that she has hair, but unfortunately she has her mother's fine, wispy, staticky, tangley hair. Here's a picture of poor Iree on a typical day. He hair is so staticky! Thankfully, she recently decided to let me put ponies or clippies in. She used to always rip them out, but lately she has kept them in.

So, a little bit about Iris. She's such a sweet heart. She's still kind of fiery, but she's also very loving. She'll just come up to me and give me the biggest hugs and kisses for no reason. I love that! She LOVES her blankey (the one in the picture and ONLY that one. No other substitute will do.) She also loves her baby doll, and she's very maternal. It's so funny. She sings to her baby and gives her kisses and holds her so sweetly. It's so fun to see her grow up and to notice how totally different her personality is from Roman's


So, that's our little family update in a nutshell. Sorry, this post kind of turned into one of those long Christmas letters that tells you too much about every family member. Hopefully it won't be another 4 months before you hear from me again. :)



17 comments:

Lauren said...

I've missed seeing your cute family! Congrats on #3! We are having our #3 on Feb. 18. Cute family, Bethany!

Korbi said...

4 month?? PLease don't let it be that long... who took your family picture?

Nicole Stucki said...

Congrats on baby #3 Beff! Your kids will be about the same spacing as mine. It's way fun and a little crazy. Lol. By the way you are just as cute as ever! And tell Jason we are pulling for his seahawks with the new coach and everything. Love how cute your kids are and that you finally blogged again!

Kenna said...

Yay baby #3! I'm so excited for you!!! It's great to hear from you again, I've missed your updates! I loved getting your Christmas card and seeing that we picked the same one..I know it really was that only cute wally world card!! Let Jason know that Bald is totally the best! Jake has been shaving his head for awhile now, and I'm with you, I love it:) Roman and Iris are the cutest and getting so big. Now keep that new years resolution and keep me updated!!!

Natalee said...

I'm so glad you are starting to blog again! I always think it's so funny that YOU were the one that got ME into it, and no I'm the obsessed one. :( We miss your posts and all the silly stories about Romie and Iree. So keep them up! Keric is sitting on my lap as we speak just cracking up at all the pictures. haha

Congrats on number 3, I'm excited for you!

Kelley Gubler said...

congrats on your pregnancy!! i wondered what had happened to you guys! i feel like i am reading about my own kids. caiden also gave me the gift of potty training on his 3rd bd. and paige had the same hair issues and blanket obessesion as well. then again, maybe it's just a boy and a girl thing.

Kim said...

Yeah! Glad to have you back, and Congrats on being pregnant again, that is soo exciting! Hope you are feeling well! Well i am suppose to be getting ready, so i gotta run!

Cori said...

A Post! It's great to hear an update and more especially give congratulations for a new baby! Your mother just has grand babies coming out of her ears. But I am positive nothing makes her more happy!

Cicily Bennion said...

Wow, finally a post! I had almost given up checking! Thanks for the darling pictures - Iree is so beautiful in her Christmas dress - well, Romie is handsome too, of course. Keep up your new year's resolution to blog more and I'll see if I can make mine to lose 15 lbs! Love you guys. Mom

Anonymous said...

Good work on posting! I have decided to try and update mine as well. We have a new laptop so I can be blogging where ever I want instead of hiding in the laundry room! Hopefully my kids don't pull the keys off! Loved the motorcycle cake! your kids are WAY to big, good thing you have one on the way. Congrats!

Unknown said...

That's the best news!! Congratulations to you guys. It was so fun to see you at Christmas; I'm sorry that it had to be over a game. I always turn into a complete monster when we play games. Anyway, you were all beautiful and good luck with the pregnancy. Next time, I think I'll try for a spring baby. I've done two summers and two fall/winters. If there ever is a next time... luv, alli and tony

Rebecca said...

Your family is adorable Bethany, and so are you!! Congrats on baby #3. They are so fun and SO busy.

Brooklynn said...

Congratulations Bethany that is so awesome! I'm due in about a month, we need to talk to grandma and grandpa about having a BIG Hopkin reunion, it would be so fun to see everyone! Your kiddos are so cute, you have a darling family:)

Jeanie Heslop said...

Hi Bethany. Even I have missed reading about you. See you in a bit, three weeks!

Tyler said...

I found your blog and I was excited!

Natalee said...

So what happened to that New Years Resolution???

Megan said...

Ok...so Im trying blogging again myself...and I hope you do an update soon! It's overdue! I want to get out there one of these days...I have driven by Moses Lake about 50 billion times...and I need to stop! I seriously cannot believe it's been 6+ years...and Jason's hair...or lack there of...looks totally BEAST! (as Joey would say...and that's good...in case you're wondering...) Bethany...I'm so happy for you! I cannot believe how the kids are growing! Iris are blooming all over the place here, and I think of all of you every time I see them...which is pretty much every day! Kisses and Hugs! ~Megan