Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Iree is six months!

My little Iree had her six month birthday yesterday. I can hardly believe that she's already half a year old. It's so cliche, but the time really has flown by. She's such a little angel and we are so glad that she's in our family. She's the most easy-going little girl. Yesterday I put her down for her nap and after a few hours I hadn't heard from her, so I went to check on her and sure enough she was just laying in her crib smiling and laughing. I love that! I hope she's always this sweet. This is a picture of her that I took this morning before church. I love this little outfit! Ellen gave it to her for Christmas and I think it's so darling. It's even cuter in person. And don't worry, Jason didn't wear those moccasins to church :) Roman has been so sweet to Iris lately. There was definitely a period of time where I couldn't leave him alone with her for fear that he'd poke her eyes out or break her fingers. Luckily he's moved past that stage. Now he's darn right protective of her. I take them to the daycare at my gym every weekday morning and the girl who watches them says that Roman calls Iris, "My Iree". What a sweet big brother. He really does love her.

Lately Roman's been way into wearing a baseball cap. He loves them because Jason always wears one. So anyway, last week he was walking around the house with his hat and one of his play guys. Iris was laying on my bedroom floor while I was making my bed, and Roman came up to her and put his hat on her and gave her his guy. It was so sweet because he thought she should love them as much as he does. Then he said (in his high-pitched baby voice), "Iree, it's Roman's, OK? I share it." He didn't let her keep them for long, but still...so cute.

Another thing I love about this little angel girl is that she loves toys. Roman was not that into toys at her age. He seemed way more high maintenance. I can put her in her little saucer and as long as she's well-rested and fed, she acts like it's the greatest thing ever. Look at that sweet little smile.
And of course I have to add a picture of her chub. I love that baby chub- look at those cute arms. Happy half birthday, Iree girl. Hopefully the next 6 months won't go by so quickly!






9 comments:

Natalee said...

Sweet baby! She is getting so big! I love the chub too! The time really does go by too fast.

Little Romie, what a sweet brother! Every little girl needs an over protective big brother!!

Korbi said...

6 months??? Man, I really have not seen you in a long time! Luckily that will change tomorrow night! Yippee!

Shaila Lou said...

Ahh, she is so sweet! I could just eat her up! I can't believe she's already six month. I hate how fast they grow up. She sounds like a wonderful baby! What a sweet big brother she has too!

Cicily Bennion said...

Oh, Bops. What darling pictures. Little Iree just changes so much. I think I see more of Jason in her these days. She's adorable. Can't believe she's 6 months already, either. Guess that means I'm a half year older, too! Give them both a love from me. Mom

Jenks Family said...

I was wondering if you could email me that ch. chip cookie recipe, those were great. thanks jilayne
garrettandjilayne@hotmail.com

Jess said...

WHAT A CUTE GIRL!!!! They grow way too fast :( I am so glad that Roman is such a sweet big brother. Have a great week!!! :)

melanie said...

I'm pretty after the fact but man your little girl is darling! I love the chubby little arms. In a very not sicko way, I want to bite them. At least I bite my babies arms, ha ha.

I see a lot of Jason in her too.

April said...

BEFF!! Oh so many memories reading your "How do you say, LONG" story! That was so fun to read! Thanks for sharing! So, Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday. Iris is so stinkin cute!!! How is it going with two now! You are such a cute mom. Man, I miss you girl! I sent you another invite to the blog. Your family pics are beautiful!!

Danna said...

She the coots! What a sweet, happy girl. I love the pictures of her. She's so smiley! The first year goes by so fast! But, every stage is so fun! I put a cute picture of Iree on my blog. You will have to check it out.