Monday, November 24, 2008

Growing too fast...

Lately it's been occuring to me that my kids are just growing too fast. I was telling Jason the other day that I just want to freeze them and keep them this size forever. OK, so I don't always feel like that (like when Iris has a bad night and wakes up 4 times or when Roman starts throwing a fit in Wal-Mart). But for the most part, I really enjoy the stages that my little babes are in right now.
Last Sunday, I put Roman in a white shirt and tie and he just looked like such a little big boy. This was the best picture I took of him, believe it or not. Yeah, he likes to show off for the camera now. My little Iree is just getting so cute and chubby. When she was born she weighed 6 lbs 8 oz, which is pretty average, but I still thought she looked so scrawny. So, lately I've been noticing that she's starting to really fill out. So, a few days ago it was kind of cold out and I have these cute little boots that my friend Korbi gave Iris.


Anyway, I went to put the cute boots on her, and they didn't fit! There was plenty of room in the foot area, but her legs are so chubby that I couldn't get the velcro thing fastened. Actually, I could get it together, but then it looked like she had muffin top over her boots and it just didn't look comfortable. Oh, my little Iree girl...you might have some cankles. Oh well, I'll definitely take a chubby baby over a skinny one anyday!
So, here's a picture of my cute little chubby girl. She turned 4 months old last Monday and I took this on her 4 month birthday. I seriously can't believe how fast she's growing. She's just changing right before my eyes. Oh...my babies are growing too fast. Maybe it's time for another one? Ummm....let me think about that one...no. ;)






8 comments:

Korbi said...

Oh my goodness, Roman looks like a missionary! Hard to believe that our little munchkins will be missionaries someday! I have missed you from my little blogging world! Hey, we need to plan our girl's Christmas party! Favorite things again???

Natalee said...

Oh how cute! I can't wait to see them in a few weeks!!! They really are getting so big and cute! I can't believe how much Iree is changing. I like her chubby! :) She has such kissable little cheeks! Chubby truly is so much better then skinny.

Shaila Lou said...

I hate when they start looking like little boys! Malcolm is ALWAYS talking about when he grows up. I told him he can't talk that way anymore, I want him to stay little forever!

Iris is adorable. She HAS filled out a ton. Such a sweet face!

I'm going to be in town this weekend. If you wanted, I could take some pictures for you on Friday. I can't guarantee I would get a great picture since I'm just pretending to be a photographer! :) Just let me know. Jason did have our cell phone # at one time. Or we'll be at Matt's parents on Wednesday afternoon.

Megan said...

Oh...sigh...Kirk and I were just talking about how much we miss our little boys. I remember looking at them when they slept and seeing what they were going to look like as 'big boys'...now I look at them sleeping and remember what they looked like when they were my babies...'sob' seriously...it's rough to see your kids change so quickly...AND chubby babies are so much cuter than skinny ones. Natalee and I babysat for a family that had children who my mom thought, "looked like they crawled out from under rocks and only ate bugs, but not very often..." Except I'm sure she said it in a more verbose and 'Jean' way...anyway...you and your sisters have the cutest kids I've ever seen!!! I think you all should get pregnant again immediately!!!!

Kelley Gubler said...

Hey! I found you through Shayla...didn't know you had a blog. You're kids are adorable. I know what you mean, it's hard to see them get older. I'm super scared for them to become teenagers..yikes!

Brooklynn said...

Bethany, your kids are adorable. Yes, the time flies by very quickly my Addi will be getting baptized this year!!! AHHH! CRAZY Stuff.

P.S. Hayley has gone into the hospital 2 nights in a row but they keep sending her home. We think this baby girl will be here real soon.

Melissa B. said...

Bethany I am blog stalking. But I am dying to know if it is your new kitchen in the post before this. It looks super cute. I will have to call Amber, I am excited to see your house next time I come to ML.

Kimberly said...

I cant believe iris is already 4 months old! Time really flies! I feel the same way about freezing time. I hope time doesnt just keep getting faster as we get older, becuase really it seems like yesterday we were all at school, and i dont know how much faster it can feel.