Sunday, June 1, 2008

Nesting?

I remember when I was pregnant with Roman and reading What to Expect When You're Expecting, and they had like a whole chapter on nesting. The author said that most people begin to clean their house and organize, etc. just before they have their baby. I was actually kind of skeptical of the whole thing. But, to my surprise, I'm definitely a nester. Before I had Roman I felt this huge need to organize my closet, organize his room, and clean my fridge. With this pregnancy I have had different nesting needs. On Saturday I decided that I really needed to wash my windows. They've been dirty for a while. To tell the truth they haven't been washed since my mom came out when Roman was born and she washed them. Yeah, it's been a while, and lately they have been really driving me nuts. So, I borrowed my mother-in-law's squeegee (I don't know how to spell that), and I washed away. I hope all my neighbors admired the 33 week pregnant girl out there washing her own windows - ha! They're probably not up to my mom's standards (there are a few streaks here and there), but they do look a lot better. I just love shiny things :)



Of course this wouldn't be a real post without a picture of my little angel boy. He has loved the flowers this spring...or as he calls them "fowers". He loves helping me water them and then he goes up to them and smells them and says "oooohhh." So, here he is smelling the "fowers".


16 comments:

Kenna said...

Way to go Beff! They look crystal clear! I wish I could get motivated enough to do mine...maybe in a few more months:)

Lauren said...

Seriously, they look great! Mine here in AZ are so dusty, but I've been told to not waste my time because they'll just get dusty again. :)

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

Look at you go Beff. I cleaned my windows last summer while prego (not nearly as far along as you) but I fell off the ladder. Ya I am so graceful. They look so clean. And I love your home!

Jade said...

Hey Bethany, this is Jade. I found you off of Korbi's blog. The windows look great! I don't see any streaks. Your little boy is so adorable. I think I am going to go organize my closets now, and I am not even pregnant! :)

April said...

Great job! I really want to see a prego picture of you Beff!! I don't think I have ever seen you pregnant. Cute house beff!

Korbi said...

okay boppy, come nest at my house okay? PUH-LEASE!!! jk, I should've come and helped you, bad friend Korbi bad! They look great!

Liz said...

I too can account to the truth of nesting. I feel like I have been nesting for a couple of months. I have felt the urge to do projects that I have put off for years (like organizing all of our family pictures and finishing a family home evening board that I started 2years ago). I think it is because we know once our babies our here there will be no time to clean out the freezer or organize the closets. I also think that it helps to make the time go by faster those last few weeks. Our due dates must be very close. I am 32 weeks along. Good luck these last few weeks!

Natalee said...

Wowzers! Now what is Mom going to do when she comes to help? :) I had some nesting things too...but I was on bed rest...so I was REALLY annoyed by them then. :) Guess they'll all just wait until the next baby, or until Keric decides to sleep!

Megan said...

"fowers"...I can't wait to meet Romie...names yet for bambino #2? Your windows look amazing! I stand in awe!

Kimberly said...

i was crazy with nesting when i was prego with Brooklynn. I never did make it to the windows but i did a lot of painting and tiling. Your clean windows are inspiring me though!

Cicily Bennion said...

The windows really look great - and I can't believe how big those shrubs in the front have grown since I was there. Better save some projects for me to do! Romie looks so cute smelling the flowers. Maybe he'll be a farmer- or an apple grower? Mom

Kimball Bennion said...

Just wondering what roman is doing with a UW shirt. No one in our family went there. Would you like us to send him a nice Go Griz shirt?

Danna said...

Nice work! Very impressive. Love the flowers too. I have decided that I was not meant to have plants. I got all excited for spring and bought 3 flower pots for my porch and they are all dying. But, yours look great! It was fun to see you. Thanks for coming!

melanie said...

I need a dose of nesting but NOT what you have to get it, ha!!

Rebecca said...

Bethany...I'm a little behind on things. I didn't know you were expecting. That's great news. Congrats!!! Do you know what your having? Your little guy is adorable. Kids are so fun. It was really fun to read your blog.

Jenks Family said...

hi i found your blog hope you don't mind, i hope all is going well for you and the baby or soon to be baby. jilayne