Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Little Miss Ris Turned ONE!

Here I go again...apologizing for not posting for like 3 months or somethingl ike that. So, sorry to all my fans...LOL. I hope we've been missed, but I'm pretty sure that my mom and a few of my siblings are the only ones that really read this so-called blog anyway. I'll blame my lack of posting on the fact that we've just been busy AND that my kids are both way too high-maintenance. They go crazy if I'm on the computer for one minute. Seriously, I can't even check my email if my kids are awake. Anyway, we've been having a really fun summer. We're loving the warm weather and we've been doing lots of swimming, playing at the park, taking little trips, and jogging (well, I jog and the kids ride in the stroller.) So, that's pretty much our summer in a nutshell.

So, now that I've apologized, let's get back to the reason I'm posting...little Iree turned one on the 17th! Can you believe it? Time is just flying by way too fast. Look at that little girl. Isn't she the cutest? I think she's beginning to look more and more like Jason. She's a sweet little thing with a little bit of sassiness too. I'm starting to see some drama-queen-like attributes that I'm a little nervous about, but we still love her dearly. So, we had a birthday party for her and here's some pictures from her big day.
I made her a flower cake (obviously...I mean her name IS Iris.)


That cake took me a long time, so I thought I'd better post another picture of it :)
Here we are singing "Happy Birthday."



Iris is delving into her cake and Vivian is helping.




She likes it. Isn't this such a cute picture? My friend, Korbi took my camera and took all these pictures. That's why they are so good.



Opening presents. She got lots of cute clothes from our friends and family.
This is just another cute Iree picture. She got so dirty eating her cake that I had to bathe her before we opened presents. Here's some info about our little Iree:
1. She's a major thumb-sucker. She is almost always sucking her thumb. It's something she started at about 6 months and she's gotten more addicted to it since then. I like it though because it's cute and it calms her down.
2. She thinks Roman is hilarious. She's always laughing at him and he loves it.
3. She won't let me put anything in her hair. She has been taking out all my cute bows, clips, and rubberband 'dos since she was about 5 months old. She'll usually take them out immediately, sometimes she'll leave them in for about an hour, but never longer than that.
4. She loves to dance and sing. If she hears music or if I sing to her then she'll start dancing and singing in the cutest little voice. It's adorable.
5. Iris is teeny tiny. When I took her in for her one year check-up she was only 15 lbs 10 oz and 26 inches long. She doesn't even show on the growth chart. Her pediatrician was all worried about her and did some blood tests to make sure everything was all right (of course it was). She's just small....that's all.







12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute! How are the kids growing so fast! Great job on the cake martha

Kenna said...

Beff you Have been missed! It was so fun to see your post. I'd like to say Iris is getting so big..but your right she is teeny tiny! Lydia passed her up like 3 months ago and she's only 8 months old! But what a cutie she is:) Your cake was Awesome...I think I may have to steal the idea and your look FABULOUS:) Happy Birthday Iris!!

Kelley Gubler said...

wow, she is tiny! (not that my kids are any bigger) but very cute too!

Korbi said...

I love how you finish your post... She's just small, that's all. hehe. CUTE CAKE! CUTE 1 YEAR OLD and FUN PARTY! :)

Natalee said...

Boppy, I am so happy you posted Iree's birthday! What a blondie she has gotten to be! Wow! She's a little heart breaker, with emphasis on LITTLE! I can't believe how tiny she is! I loved your cake. You are quite the little cooking Diva. Good job!

Elaine said...

Little Iree is so darn cute. I love that cake. How did you get the flowers to stand up?

Kimberly said...

You have been missed beff! And let me just say that you look GREAT! How do you get so slim? Iris and Brooklynn sound just alike! I bet they will be cool thumbsucking second cousins :)

Cori said...

WAHOO A BLOG!! We are just so happy. It was so great to see you guys a few Sunday's ago. If only we all lived in the same place we would be such great friends, but for now we will just stay blogger friends! Happy Birthday Iris!

Nicole Stucki said...

BEFF! You look so dang cute and SKINNY my friend:). I need to know your secrets! And Iris is a doll baby. Love her. We need to catch up. Love your cake too.

Cindy Spratling said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted! 'Bout time Beff. Adorable cake, adorable daughter, and adorable post. Glad to see you guys are doin' good. Keep posting!

Cindy said...

Ohh Beff, it's always fun to hear how you guys are doin. And she is a tiny little thing. Only 15 pounds! I thought Hazel was small...and like all of the others have said, you do look stinkin cute (and skinny!) and so does little iris. I want to meet her someday! And wow Roman looks all grown up! What a cute little mommy you are!

tonyandalli said...

Ummm, I totally read your blog! Happy birthday to the adorable Iris, and I loved the cake. And you look amazing, by the way. Super fit and tan. How did Jason ever get so lucky? Hope things are going awesome for you guys and I can't wait till your next post!! Take care!