Thursday, August 20, 2009

NYC Trip

I've been meaning to write about my fun trip to New York City. I went there a few weeks ago and I figured I'd better get it written down because I'm already starting to forget...yikes! So, anyway, I flew to NYC with my sister Danna (and NO kids...thanks, jase) to visit our brother Collin, his wife Jen, and their new little baby, Violet. We met my parents and our little sister, Cicily there too. Violet was getting blessed, so we figured it would be fun to see the city and be at her blessing too. By the way, isn't she the cutest? Look at that hair and those perfect eyebrows and those pretty blue eyes. She really is a cutie. Collin and Jen were the best little tour guides. I'm just a small-town girl and I never would have been able to navigate through that city on my own. Luckily, they are seasoned pros, so they took us all around the big city. Little Violet was a trooper too. Here they are on the subway.

One of my favorite parts of the trip was all the good food we ate. I LOVE my food, and New York has the best. This is Cicily and me at Max Brenner's. So delicious.

Our hotel was right across the street from the museum of natural history, so we spent a few hours there. It was pretty cool. I liked the dinosaurs...I especially liked the fact that so many of them were found in Wyoming :)


We took a tour of NBC studios and then we went to the top of the Rockafellar Center.

This is the view from the top of the rock. Pretty, huh?


Here's Collin, Jen, and Violee (as my mom calls her) just before the blessing.




A better look at her cute blessing dress.

Below is a small portion of the Bennion Family. It would have been fun to have everyone there, but it just wasn't feasible. We really did have the best time though. We also saw two broadway shows while we were there (Jersey Boys and 9 to 5). They were so much fun. My mom was laughing her head off at 9 to 5. That was another highlights of the trip :) One of the best parts was just hanging out and being together. Danna, Cic, and I shared a room and we had so much fun talking at night and getting ready together in the morning. It was like the good ol' days. It was such a weird experience to go somewhere without Jason and the kids. I missed them all so much, but it wouldn't have been fun with the babies. Luckily, Jason is a good Daddy and he took great care of the kids (except for the one night when I called and asked him what they had for dinner and he was like, "Shoot, I knew I was forgetting something." Yep, he put the kids to bed without dinner, but that's ok. They all survived. And let's just say he was REALLY happy to have me back home!)
I had a great time, but I was ready to come home to my sweet Jason and to this face...


...and this sassy girl. I heart NYC, but I heart those three more :)
























8 comments:

Kelley Gubler said...

how fun!! i've always wanted to go to nyc. (and without my kids too) what a fun family you have!

Kimberly said...

what a fun trip beff. Its a good thing i didn't know you were only an hour and a half away from me because i am sure i would have intruded on all of your fun family time, haha, jk. That is so funny jason forgot to feed your kids, that is a pretty good story!

Korbi said...

you are so cute... ;)

Collin said...

We're so glad you guys were able to come. Violet misses all the attention. Thanks for posting those pictures of Violet in her blessing dress, too. They're way better than the ones we have.

Natalee said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish I could have gone on the girls vacation too! Maybe next time. :) I can't believe how big Iree and Romie are! Is Iree walking now, or just standing!?

Kenna said...

What a fun trip! Someday I'll make it to NYC...and what a dream to have no kiddos for awhile:) Krista said that she ran into your parents at the airport in Atlanta I think it was, on their way home from NY...small world:)

Brooklynn said...

Fun Bethany! I've never been to NYC and I would love to go. Collins baby is beautiful. You're family looks great and happy! Tell Danna Congrats on baby #4 for me:)

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.