Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Wyoming Easter

It took a little persuading, but Jason finally gave in and agreed to spend Easter in Wyoming. He was concerned about missing work and the LONG drive with the kids, but when I found out that my sister Natalee (who lives in UT) would also be visiting AND that I would get to see one of my BFFs (Kenna) and a bunch of my aunts and uncles then he knew there was no way he could talk me out of it. So, we left early Tursday morning and came home on Monday. We had a fun and eventful weekend and the kids did WAY better than we expected. They were such troopers.

On Friday, we went to my grandma and grandpa Hopkin's house to decorate Easter cookies and look at the baby cows. Rome loved decorating the cookies although I think my grandma was a little concerned with the amount of sprinkles he was putting on them. Cicily and Iris on the farm.



Look at that. Sometimes I wish I lived on a farm.

On Saturday my cousin, Claire got married in the Billings temple. We drove up for the reception and it was fun to see so many of my family members. I was especially excited to see my cousin Kenna. We were roommates during our freshman year of college and we had so much fun together. The only bad part was that I felt like we didn't get to spend enough time together. I miss her :(


My sister, Natalee, has a little boy named Keric that is two months older that Iris. He is so cute and sweet. They loved each other. It's hard to believe he's only two months older though because I swear he weighs twice as much. My little Iree is very petite :)

Cicily and I did an Easter egg scavenger hunt for Cameron, Reagan, and Roman on Saturday. The kids loved it. Here they are searching in Cicily's room.


There they are with all their candies.


Of course I had to get a few shots of the family in our Easter outfits. The theme was supposed to be pink. You can't really tell though. My shirt is kind of light pink with green flowers. Roman's shirt is pink although it looks kind of white here and Iris' dress has pink polka dots. Jason didn't want to go along with the pink theme, so basically there was really no theme this year. Maybe I'll do better next year :)
Natalee, Chris, and the kids. They all looked so cute.

Here's a pic of my parents with the kids. We had such a fun trip...I only wish that it lasted a little longer. Thanks Mom and Dad for the great food, hospitality, and always entertaining conversations :)













11 comments:

Danna said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! Too bad we weren't there. Your kiddos look so sweet in their new clothes! Way to be on the ball about posting the details of your trip!

Korbi said...

great, I was telling Stephen last Friday when I bought the kid's Easter clothes and he was giving me crap, "I'll bet that Bethany even got a new dress and Jason a matching tie and shirt, so that they all match." Then he felt bad, so don't tell him that you didn't.... ;) Looks like you had great fun. Hey, will you be my friend again? ;)

Cori said...

My theme was purple this year, but poor Audrey was too little to fit in her dress and so she was pink! Wyoming looks like so much fun. I just love cooking with Grandma Ruby (I am sure Tori and I put too many sprinkles on too)! Glad you had a good weekend.
BTW, I love the red dress you are wearing on the farm (where did it come from)!!

Natalee said...

We had such a fun time with you guys! I wish you lived closer! We have to do it again soon.

Jess said...

Looks like a fun trip, so glad you got to see family! So have ya hit any good yard sales yet???

Cindy Spratling said...

Hey, my cousin named Claire got married this weekend too. Oh wait... same cousin :) I am so jealous that you got to hang with Kenna. She's my fave! And you are too Beff. Wish I could have been there too. And BTW, you are such a foxy babe! I love your green skirt.

Shaila Lou said...

What a fun, quick weekend. It's always nice to spend time with family! Iris is getting so big!

Megan said...

You guys are super cute!xo Meg

Kenna said...

Oh Beff it was so good to see you too...and your right we didn't get to hang out long enough:( We really need to arrange the time to do that! I can't believe Jason didn't want to be part of the coordinating Easter outfits... I would have thought he would be dieing to put on a pink shirt and tie!:) Husbands ruin all the coordinating fun! I'm glad you had a fun time in Wyoming!

Brooklynn said...

Oh, I'm jealous! I miss grandma and grandpa so much! I'm sure you had a great time! Your family is adorable and getting so big.

Jenks Family said...

WE are going private send me your address at garrettandjilayne@hotmail.com