Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Perfect Christmas Gift

Christmas is quickly approaching and I am once again procrastinating. Every year I tell myself that I'm going to get my shopping done early and guess what, I never do. So, why should this year be any different? We do a drawing on my side of the family with my sibs and the neices and nephews. Luckily I do have those presents bought and my parents' gift is taken care of, but I have yet to buy one thing for my poor husband and kids. This week I've been online shopping for things and nothing is really jumping out at me. Granted, my kids should be really easy to shop for. Iris doesn't know what's what and Roman pretty much loves everything, but I don't want to buy a bunch of crap toys that Roman will play with once and then they'll spend the rest of their days collecting dust in our basement. I've got enough of those already. I have put a lot of thought into this. It's become somewhat of an obsession. I want to get something that he'll really enjoy AND that isn't too noisy, big, or expensive. So, I was trying to think about what he's really into these days and it's definitely sports...mostly football. It's football season right now and of course Jason watches all the Seahawks games (although I don't think he wants to claim them this year.) Anyway, Roman likes to watch football with Jason (for a few mins), but what he really loves to do is "toss the ball" as he says. As soon as Jason gets home from work they go downstairs and play football. And I don't mean to be one of those moms that thinks their kid is extraordinary, but Roman does have a pretty dang good arm. You can ask any of my friends that have seen him throw. He's a natural...I think :) OK, this post is getting long so I'm going to try to wrap it up. So, I've finally decided what I want to get Roman for Christmas...a football helmet! It would be perfect. As you can see in the picture below, he's got Vivian's pink bucket on his head. She left it at our house when they were here for halloween and he was running around with it on his head. I thought it was kind of weird and then he said, "Mom, it's my football heh-met." That was about a month ago. Then yesterday he found his hat that I knitted and pulled it all the way down. He came running into the kitchen. I said, "Rome, what are you doing?" He was like, "It's my football heh-met. I wanna toss the ball." The only problem is that now I know what I want to get him, but apparently it's not so easy to find a toddler sized football helmet. I've been searching the internet and I've had no luck. Ugghhh....I hope I don't have to go back to square one. The boy needs a helmet. He can't keep parading around with his nifty-knitted hat pulled over his face! :) Anyway, we'll see what I come up with.


This last picture is of my two babies this morning at 5:30. Yep, that's when they like to wake up. I was so tired that I put them both in bed with me, but they were both really awake. Iree was laughing so hard and making the biggest smiles. Roman was being so cute with her too. He kept being all snuggly and lovey dovey. I just had to take a picture of them. I hate waking up so early, but it's hard to resist those two...even at 5:30.



6 comments:

Jess said...

Your kiddos are too cute!!! Good luck finding the helmet and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!I hope you have a great day :)

Natalee said...

To me that's the best part of Christmas...findind the "perfect" gift for someone. I'm sure there is a helmet out there that will fit little Rome. That is such a cute idea! What a funny little boy. I love the pictures! Happy Birthday Bops! I think 26 was one of my most favorite years. I wasn't too old, or too young, and I was still cute. ;) Have a good day today! Can't wait to see you next week! Love you!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! Get him a helmet that's too big...it will be a treasure forever...funny...I just read a really cute story in our newspaper about a little boy who got a helmet from a college player, and how much he loved it!?!?

Megan said...

Sports Authority has cute 'youth' helmets in all different colors and they come in XS and XXS...but some of them don't include the face mask, so if your order one don't forget that...it looks like the best part ;-)

Korbi said...

I'm going to find a toddler sized helmet if it's the last thing I do. You forgot to mention that it's your BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelley Gubler said...

That is funny about the helmet. When Caiden was a baby his doctor actually prescribed him a helmet to wear b/c he only slept on one side of his head and it was seriously misshaped (someday he's going to be very embarassed about this). so for 2 months he had to wear it 24/7. I thought it was going to be a nightmare, but he LOVED his helmet. He would cry so hard when I would take it off him. Anyway, just had to comment, cuz that brought back a memory.