Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Traumatic Santa Encounter

Last week there was a Santa in town, so we decided to take Roman down to get his picture. I knew that he probably wouldn't love Santa, but I wasn't prepared for the reaction Romie had. While we were standing in line he seemed just fine, but when I put him on his lap he just started screaming so hard. Roman does this scream when he's really upset where he'll like hold his breath for a LONG time (I'm talking like 30 seconds or more.) Anyway, that was the scream he did. Poor baby. The photographer hurried and snapped a shot and then I rescued him. I have to apologize about the quality of the pic. I took a picture of a picture since I don't have a scanner, so that's why there's the big glare above Roman's head. Maybe next year he'll have a more positive experience (or maybe not.)

12 comments:

Matt and Adge said...

Oh, poor Roman! My kids are the same way with Santa. Maybe Carsen will be old enough this year to not be so scared.

I think that's the youngest looking Santa I've ever seen :).

Kenna said...

Doesn't every kid go through that... and yet we all seem to think that we need to do it to them:) Ya and what is that Santa...16??
So fun:)

SenatorBond said...

I don't think Roman is the only person not having a good time in that picture...

Cicily Bennion said...

Poor little Roman. But then really, like everyone else noticed, he knew that kid wasn't the REAL Santa anyway. They must not pay much at that store! Mom

Cindy said...

Poor little guy..we haven't even tried the whole Santa thing yet. I don't think we will either, I know my kids won't like him. That Santa is creepy, no wonder Roman was scared!

Cicily Bennion said...

That is possibly the most hilarious picture I have ever seen. - From really Chico. The previous post was motha.

Bethany said...

I know...Santa's had some work done. Looks like a facelift and botox.

Collin said...

Not only does that Santa look like he should be sitting on a different Santa's lap, but he looks like he has no interest whatsoever in being Santa. That glare of death is enough to scare any child.

April said...

My first reaction was to scream at the sight of that Santa... he looks so unnatural... I am sure he must have had something done. heehee! I would have been scared if I was Roman too!! :)

Cindy Spratling said...

I was just about to comment on how creepy this Santa is, but I guess it's already been said. Roman's no dummy, that Santa is scary!

Kimberly said...

no wonder he is scared, that santa doesn't look too friendly.

Kaylee was looking at this picture and saying "who is that that is dressed up as santa clause?" I guess he doesn't even convince a 3 year old.

Cindy Spratling said...

I don't know if you ever watch the Ellen Degeneres show, but she is hilarious. She is showing "Bad Santa" pictures this week and this one would definately top some of the ones she has shown. It's dang funny!