Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Balloon

Yesterday we had our family pictures taken and it was interesting. We did them at 9:00 am and it was pretty cold outside. Luckily our photographer was really good at getting some good shots quickly. However, Roman was not in the mood to smile. The whole time he had this look on his face like, "I don't know you, so I'm not going to smile at you." He does that a lot. In fact, he rarely EVER smiles at strangers. So, anyway, I was a little disappointed that he looked so mad in the pics, but whatever.
Later that day we went to the grocery store and they had all of these Halloween balloons for sale. Roman started going CRAZY over them. Jason and I thought it was so funny. So, I put one of the balloons in our cart and continued shopping and he just kept pointing at it and laughing. I even had a few people pass by and comment about how fun it was to watch him get so excited about it. So, we bought the balloon and brought it home and I am happy to say that he's still as in love with it as he was yesterday. He takes it everywhere with him. I keep thinking that he's going to get sick of it, but nope he's still loving it. It's his new favorite toy. He'll play with his other ones, but he has to make sure his balloon is close by. Notice how it's all wrapped around his leg. He likes to have it really close :)


When he crawls with it he is constantly swatting it away from his face so he can see where he's going, but it still doesn't stop him! So, since he has had this balloon, he's started saying "baaa" everytime he sees it. When he woke up from his nap, he was a little groggy and I took him out to the living room and he saw his balloon and all the sudden he was full of life and screaming, "Baa! Baa!" We'll see how long this love affair with the balloon lasts. It might be the best $4 I've ever spent.

5 comments:

Natalee said...

OH! Another story for Reagan to love!!!!! :) We love our Baby Romie! He really is a funny funny little boy.

Bethany said...

Maybe I'm a little biased (OK, a lot biased), but I think he's pretty cute too. I thought Reagie would like that one :)

Kimball Bennion said...

That was a pretty sweet story. I just thought I'd say that your template caused me to start rubbing my shirt sleeve on my computer screen because I thought there were some really ugly smudges on it. Maybe a disclaimer of some sort would be nice.

Cindy said...

How funny! My kids are crazy abt balloons too! What is it about them? Our grocery store has them at the checkout and if the checker feels so inclined, they give them one for free. Therefore they have our business. Too cute, little Romie!

Anonymous said...

Good words.